Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hypnogogic images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Too late Fore, you broke that agreement days ago.

Takes two to Tango.
    If Fore is not interested, time to move on.

You do understand the ignore function?
    I can explain it if you wish.
    Plenty of other threads to enjoy...
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Yes, I understand what the ignore function is. I did not know that this forum had one and I'm very glad to hear that it does!
    Thanks Calkid and yes, it takes two the tango and so glad that some here are aware of that wrt to this particular situation because quite frankly, before I was not sure about.

Fore can continue to use that agreement he and I had selectively as he has been doing but I don't care because it is not important.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, the statement that Fore posted in his last comment here in this thread was my response to when he said in the post before that:
    "@A99 We will have no further communications. It is a costly affair."

http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...ll=1#post16859
    Last edited by A99; 12-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.

For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Will thinking about demons and negative aliens strengthen a connection to them or does that depend more on youor emotional vibes and pulsing out fear and anger?
    Lucaeus, I definitely think that this is very true and it was something that Dan Mitchell said on his blog too. And as for "going through the dark night of the soul", anyone who has had a spiritual awakening, has gone through something like that and it's part of the "process". Carl Jung has written about this topic extensively.

Because you seem to be going through a spiritual crisis now, my suggestion to you is to start attending mass or service in your local area every week. Just being around people who are spiritually evolved, and there would have to be at least a few of those people at those services, may rub off on you. IOW's, just being in the same room with them can do wonders! There's much to be said about group worship to G-d. You are not going to find that on the internet becaue you need to be actually with people like that in-person and not "virtually". Check out if there is a Unity Church in your area. That may be a good start. Just throwing in my .02 worth.
    Last edited by A99; 12-29-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by lycaeus View Post
    Hey Fore, thanks for your insights
    You are welcome.

Reading that gave me shivers and my hands were shaking so I had to play guitar for a bit to calm down. Are you saying I've probably got a demonic attachment of some kind?
    I don't know your story or background. You may have to start with some basic points that you can treat as a (sort of) litmus test.

The music I play is really dark metal, usually minor scales, and the overwhelming emotion I usually convey is pain and anger, so maybe that is feeding the demon. The negative emotional music has become necessary for me to function on a daily basis.
    I am not one of those types who are a strong believer that Spirituals suck on emotions.

They might get a kick out of it though in causing despair and tragedy. I dunno.

I won't pretend like nothing is wrong and that I have complete control of myself. There is definitely something dark in my soul that I am somewhat aware of and trying to heal. I've thought that the dark emotions are what psychologists call 'working through the shadow' and is simply the result of becoming aware of and being honest with yourself. Truth is, I care a lot about everyone, but I battle with negativity every moment. I suspect that the intensity of my inner negativity is higher than normal. It usually takes a huge effort to be happy. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be talking about this but I'd like to know more about banishing negative attachments.
    I don't think it is the right thread but you can always start one if the topic isn't already available. Just take a look around and let me know.

That I'd like to know more about.

I didn't realize how uncommon it was to have as many nightmares growing up until I started talking to people. I've had countless, vivid nightmares involving demons attacking me, sometimes waking up screaming.
    I didn't have that strong a reaction to it as I got used to the process.

But yeah, some of these folks can get you riled up. (Assuming that is your case)

There is also a history of insomnia and paranoid thoughts about people in the room, but it has gotten a lot better.
    You should start here and see what causes the insomnia or any paranoid thoughts about someone being in the room.

Remember it's not paranoia if it is actually there.

Will thinking about demons and negative aliens strengthen a connection to them[...]
    Unfortunately, in my experience I have found that it does.

[...] or does that depend more on youor emotional vibes and pulsing out fear and anger?
    I haven't noticed the emotional states being all that linked to it.

Usually thinking about a certain entity makes the connection easier to form. Whether it is spiritual or ET in nature, the same rough dynamic seems to apply. (again, in my experience)

When I read that I pictured 5 'pentagonal' balls of light around my body. Though I will definitely force myself to stop. I'm not that good at debunking people, but I've read a little bit of your stuff and think you are the real deal. And others speak well of you too.
    It's a mixed crowd of opinions as you'll no doubt hear from some more than others.

First, your should go back in your memories and try to track down when that behavior you described first formed and what happened around that period of time. That should give you some insight into where it all started and why. Then you can analyze what function it might have in your life.

I do have noticable quirks in my personality and read about seemingly random and weird things. I would agree that there is something inevitably wrong in my soul because I am too negative most of the time. I also talk about, and accuse others of having a negative or demonic etheric attachment to them that is influencing them, so that might indicate I am starting to realize that this is going on with me.

What's the best way to figure out what is going on for sure and how do you negate it's presence?
    I have learned that in dealing with my own spiritual uninvited guests the first thing to realize is what is happening around you.

Whether it is good for you or bad.

Then committing to a course of action based on your own reasoning.

If you decide there is something wrong, then you will want to do something about it. In that same thought you should consider restablishing a working relationship with God. At which point it (God) will send some help if it thinks it is necessary to clear away some of the negative presences tugging your life in different directions. (If that is the case)

At which point you'll notice, at least momentarily what the differences are between establishing a relationship with God vs what you have now (with whatever Entity class and type there may be in the background).

At which point you'll likely make a decision based on what you believe and what you personally think is best for you. All you have to do is keep a clear head and understand that if you really do have any demonic of phantasm in your life, they will wage a war to retain their presence in your life and establish a victory for themselves.

(corny, but that is what it ultimately breaks down to)

At which point, you'll have made a decision in which direction you wish to proceed. You can tell God at that point that its never gonna work, or you can forge a long lasting relationship.

Depending on what your decision turns out to be, you will then have to change lots of habits that surround and support any of the demonic or phantasms that may inhabit your surroundings. At which point you'll no doubt face some adversity for a while as your foundations are established and take root.

Then. from there you just have to keep doing what the relationship requires of you. Whether that be a change in your ongoing behavior or a gradual change in your nature or the thoughts you carry and have about things along with your relationship to the rest of the world.

You can think of it as being on the mend, healing old wounds. Etc.

I guess starving it of negativity, prayer and aligning with your 'higher self' are the best things to do, but if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
    I would have said:
    "I guess starving it of negativity, prayer and aligning with God are the best things to do."
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Blog Entries
    @A99 and Fore, I decided to talk about my personal thoughts and responses here

Fore, feel free to comment there whenever you want. I like reading your stuff and it makes me a bit more aware and thinking more clearly.

Posting this here for clarification concerning my last post:

lycaeus, I was referring to Dan Mitchell's comments about engaging in talk about demons and that just doing that may cause them to be around more... and I agree with that too. It's like they say, "out of mind, out of sight".

As for Dan's comments about ET's and not talking about them either, I was not referring to those statements he made on that... only about demons which are defined as fallen angels.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Posting this here for clarification concerning my last post:

lycaeus, I was referring to Dan Mitchell's comments about engaging in talk about demons and that just doing that may cause them to be around more... and I agree with that too. It's like they say, "out of mind, out of sight".

As for Dan's comments about ET's and not talking about them either, I was not referring to those statements he made on that... only about demons which are defined as fallen angels.
    Please do not cross post.
    Let's pick one thread and stick with it.

Thanks
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Woo Hoo! I've been really keeping you guys busy here a lot lately! This latest one will not be repeated! Thanks
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    @A99,
    You said " The hypnopompic state does interesting things to a person's cognition."
    And all I wanted to know is if you think that ET contactee's/experiencers/abductions experiences are only in their imagination.
    Yup, and this was my answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuru View Post
    No. <snip>
    ---

Why don't you start off with "a persons cognition". How do you define that? Or, could you say it another way so that I can understand what you mean by that? I think that would help.
    I meant this, more specifically the emphasized part:
    A hypnopompic state (or hypnopomp) is the state of consciousness leading out of sleep, a term coined by the psychical researcher Frederic Myers. Its twin is the hypnagogic state at sleep onset; though often conflated, the two states are not identical. The hypnagogic state is rational waking cognition trying to make sense of non-linear images and associations; the hypnopompic state is emotional and credulous dreaming cognition trying to make sense of real world stolidity. They have a different phenomenological character. Depressed frontal lobe function in the first few minutes after waking – known as "sleep inertia" – causes slowed reaction time and impaired short-term memory. Sleepers often wake confused, or speak without making sense, a phenomenon the psychologist Peter McKeller calls "hypnopompic speech". When the awakening occurs out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, in which most dreams occur, the hypnopompic state is sometimes accompanied by lingering vivid imagery.
    (Source. Yes I'm painfully aware it's from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia anyone can vandalize)