Page 231 of 327 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3269

Thread: What music are you listening to now...?

I've set myself a goal of three months to learn and cover Bill Buford's epic percussion masterpiece, Roundabout.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    I've set myself a goal of three months to learn and cover Bill Buford's epic percussion masterpiece, Roundabout.

SNIP Video
    Great tune.
    Although, seems like Chris Squire should also get percussion props for that slappy/hammering bass line. Ha!
    Good luck knocking out that back beat Wansen.

Funny story. Back in 1972 when the song came out, Never knew what a "Roundabout" was, until I visited a London train station about 2 years later. Learn something new every day.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Great tune.
    Although, seems like Chris Squire should also get percussion props for that slappy/hammering bass line. Ha!
    Good luck knocking out that back beat Wansen.

Funny story. Back in 1972 when the song came out, Never knew what a "Roundabout" was, until I visited a London train station about 2 years later. Learn something new every day.
    Couldn't have said it better about Squire, that bass is magnificent to the point of distraction. Instead of playing Buford's complex arrangements, I find myself keeping simple time so I can enjoy it. I actually had to download the isolated Drum version to make any progress.

We recently had our first Roundabout installed in the next town over.

Some are still trying to figure out how to use it.

June 25th, 2017 would have been George Michael's 54th birthday.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of YES, Here's one of my all time fav keyboard players.
    Mr. Rick Wakeman with an instrumental version of YES's "CLOSE TO THE EDGE" on his piano.
    Much as I have tried with my KB, I cannot get the amazing opening 30 seconds down.
    Suspect the action on his $100,000 Steinway grand piano is a little better/quicker than my digital Kb.
    Truly a talented artist, Wakeman and Keith Emerson ruled the keyboards back in the 1970s.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

STRANGE MAGIC & LIVIN' THING - ELO

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Speaking of YES, Here's one of my all time fav keyboard players.
    Mr. Rick Wakeman with an instrumental version of YES's "CLOSE TO THE EDGE" on his piano.
    Much as I have tried with my KB, I cannot get the amazing opening 30 seconds down.
    Suspect the action on his $100,000 Steinway grand piano is a little better/quicker than my digital Kb.
    Truly a talented artist, Wakeman and Keith Emerson ruled the keyboards back in the 1970s.
    Wow.

He's wildly impressive.

Kudos to you even trying that; it sounds monumentally difficult.

I'm glad I play an enharmonic instrument.

Since we've been talking about our musical talents (and in my case, lack thereof lol), nevertheless, here's a karoke of me singing (dream a little dream, a Mama Cass song) that I sang into my cra#%y mic and then edited in Mixpad where I added the parts that are harmonized. That was fun. Off tune a bit here and there but had fun singing it. I only sing in the shower, btw.

Here's Mamma Cass singing that song... soooooo talented!

Last edited by A99; 06-27-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

That's a classic!

Mama Cass was a tremendous talent.

Like calikid and me you're reaching high.

She left us far too soon and, no doubt about it, there will never be another Mama Cass!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi