Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus and Disclosure - Public Reactions

As it was, I actually came here to post this particular new set of info, which is highly concerning:

Blog Entries
    Seems China could have disclosed much earlier, costing thousands of lives.
    And the World Health Organization (WHO) was also foot dragging.
    Disturbing allegations.

Leaked Western intel dossier reveals how China deceived the world about coronavirus
    By Nick Givas, Samuel Chamberlain

A research dossier compiled by the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance states that China intentionally hid or destroyed evidence of the coronavirus outbreak, leading to the loss of tens of thousands of lives around the world

The 15-page document from the intelligence agencies of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, was obtained by Australia's Saturday Telegraph newspaper and states that China's secrecy amounted to an “assault on international transparency."

The dossier touches on themes that have been discussed in media reports about the outbreak of the virus, including an initial denial by China that the virus could be transmitted between humans, the silencing or "disappearing" of doctors who tried to speak up, the destruction of evidence in laboratories and refusal to provide live samples to international scientists working on a vaccine.

Specifically, the file notes that China began censoring news of the virus on search engines and social media beginning Dec. 31, deleting terms including “SARS variation," “Wuhan Seafood market” and “Wuhan Unknown Pneumonia.”
    Story Continues
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    The overwhelming nature of COVID-19 events in New York has resulted in enhanced community service needs.

A Field Hospital was setup in New York's Central Park.
    Many tents, providing hospital bed expansion, have been setup in Central Park.
    At last word "Samaritan's Purse" medical team was treating more than 140 patients.

In a more grim development, an excess of unclaimed terminal COVID-19 victim's remains has created a need for mass graves in New York.
    New York authorities report that Hart Island, used as a "potter's field" for that past 150 years, has burials jumping to 25 a day from 25 a week.
    Each person's remains are buried in a pine coffin, and assigned a marker.

Attachment 1008

If the country is too quick to reopen and end social distancing I fear we may hit 100,000 deaths in the US by the end of May.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Here is a link to track Covid cases that I've been using.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    If the country is too quick to reopen and end social distancing I fear we may hit 100,000 deaths in the US by the end of May.
    No way to know for sure, but some of the projections I have heard (recently on CNN) put COVID-19 death at 3,000/day in June. That is 90,000 fatalities in June alone. Let's hope the curve flattens before we get there.
    Attachment 1008

Disclosure about Corona Virus -19

So how long for a vaccine?
    Last edited by epo333; 05-11-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to Pandemics of the 20th & 21st Centuries.
    Some historical statistics, hopefully to put things in perspective.

Best known would be the Spanish Flu of 2018-2019
    An influenza virus, it infected 500,000,000 world wide. With over 50,000,000 deaths. Mortality rate was about 2%
    675,000 in the US (or 675,000).
    Different times. No antibiotics, no antivirals available yet.
    Seasonal Flu, multiple strains.
    Global cases about 9% of population (aka 1 billion).
    Death rate between 250,000 and 650,000 annually (approx 0.1%).
    Vaccines and Anti-Viral meds are/were available treatments.
    Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (aka SARS) of 2002-2004
    A type of Coronal Virus (related, but different from COVID-19).
    Global cases: 8,098 cases, across 29 countries; 8 U.S. cases
    Global deaths: 774; 15 percent mortality rate; no U.S. deaths
    Patients 60 and older had a 55 percent higher death rate
    No treatment or cure, but vaccine available about the time the pandemic ended.
    Bird Flu (H1N1) novel virus. January 2009.
    Global infection 60,800,000 or 24%.
    Fatalities approx 285,000; 12,469 in the United States; mortality rate was .02 percent
    Research on H1N1 vaccine starts April 2009; available December 2009. Pandemic ends August 2010.

Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
    December 2019.
    Global Infections are in flux, currently 4,000,000+
    Global deaths 285,000+. In USA approx 81,000.
    Mortality rates are in flux, but recent US reports are 5%, and patients over 60 hitting 15%.
    No vaccine available YET. Experimental anti-viral med, Remdesivir, showing promise.
    Of course the king of Lethal Virus would be EBOLA.
    With a mortality rate of 50%, not something we would care to see circle the globe.
    EBOLA is does NOT use respiratory transmission, like these others. Not so easily passed on.
    Requires an exchange of blood or bodily fluids... much closer physical contact.
    Source Health Line.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Disclosure about Corona Virus -19

<snip video>

So how long for a vaccine?
    If history is an indicator (see above post), we know that H1N1 bird flu vaccine was developed in eight months.
    Research on H1N1 vaccine starts April 2009; available December 2009. Pandemic ends August 2010.
    Maybe COVID-19 vaccine by December 2020 is possible? Fingers crossed!

BTW, thanks for sharing the video. Good hard science.
    Attachment 1008

We've had vaccines for influenza for ages, so it was already an established process to create the vaccine. There has been no vaccine for covid so far so it is breaking new ground; and from what I read this week there already appear to be 2 different strains: the original wuhan strain and one that is most prevalent in the rest of the world, europe and america. All the current vaccine work has been on the wuhan strain and may be less effective, or ineffective, against the new strain.

The new strain seems to attack different parts of the body easier. For example, in Europe there have been far more gastro-intestinal symptoms than in wuhan (18% vs 3%). I know this because I got the gastro version! I hope I am being pessimistic, but I think the vaccine is not going to be a silver bullet for this, much like the flu vaccine is hit and miss and at best gives you 6 months of heightened resistance.