Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Beings: What are they?

I'm so glad this was posted. Friday night my husband and I (and the dog) had a group experience with a large shadow. This is the second one in this house and we've been here 3 yrs. At 3am the dog woke and began barking at a shadow hovering over my husband. He woke the second the dog barked and saw it too. He lept out of bed and the dog began to chase it into the living room barking and growling like mad, my husband behind him and then me. The shadow bumped something making a noise. We looked through the house thinking at first someone was inside, but the place was empty. We even checked outside, nothing. There was nothing there to create such a shadow, much less bump into something as we all lay there. We realized once we were fully awake that this thing was floating over my husband and seemed to have dark wings or at least a shape like that so of course it wasn't an intruder.

This happened once before about 2 yrs ago but the shadow did not run off. My husband got up and put his hand through it feeling something cool. It didn't move and for reasons I can't understand he figured it wasn't harmful and went back to sleep. I didn't learn about it till the next morning. Needless to say I was shook. So, we can't figure this out or what they want. He had similar instances at our former home but he said he thought it was family as he felt no harmful feeling with it. I'm not sure. But this last one has us perplexed. Anyone with any experience in these things I'll be glad to listen. I have my theories, but I'm interested in others thoughts.

I have a number of them in my basement, where my computer is. Not frightening, just annoying. However, when my son lived here and stayed in the basement, he did not like them. He is particularly sensitive, and I think they may have had an agenda with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have not experienced the shadow people as A99 and jiduto have. My experiences were with full bodied apparitions. One was my Father who had commited suicide 45 years earlier when I was 5 yrs old. He appeared just as I remembered him. I had been angry all my life because he left me so young, but we talked and cried for hours and I forgave him. I have since been at peace with my Father and his death. The other was a Succubus who did not like the fact that I saw her entering my bedroom. She made a speedy retreat by vaporizing in front of me. This scared me so bad I had trouble sleeping for weeks. Everyone I have told these stories to have said that I was dreaming both times. But I can tell you that I was not dreaming. I remember every single detail from both encounters. Shadow People, Astral Spiders or Ghost, there is something going on that I cannot explain. The Cherokee believe that everything...the Wind, Trees...even blades of grass have a spirit. The more I live and experience, the more I see they are right.
    That's great that you saw your Dad and were able to tie up some loose ends to get a better sense of closure. That you had that opportunity to do that. Thanks for sharing! Very moving story!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I'm so glad this was posted. Friday night my husband and I (and the dog) had a group experience with a large shadow. This is the second one in this house and we've been here 3 yrs. At 3am the dog woke and began barking at a shadow hovering over my husband. He woke the second the dog barked and saw it too. He lept out of bed and the dog began to chase it into the living room barking and growling like mad, my husband behind him and then me. The shadow bumped something making a noise. We looked through the house thinking at first someone was inside, but the place was empty. We even checked outside, nothing. There was nothing there to create such a shadow, much less bump into something as we all lay there. We realized once we were fully awake that this thing was floating over my husband and seemed to have dark wings or at least a shape like that so of course it wasn't an intruder.

This happened once before about 2 yrs ago but the shadow did not run off. My husband got up and put his hand through it feeling something cool. It didn't move and for reasons I can't understand he figured it wasn't harmful and went back to sleep. I didn't learn about it till the next morning. Needless to say I was shook. So, we can't figure this out or what they want. He had similar instances at our former home but he said he thought it was family as he felt no harmful feeling with it. I'm not sure. But this last one has us perplexed. Anyone with any experience in these things I'll be glad to listen. I have my theories, but I'm interested in others thoughts.
    Lol, what great ghost story! I bet you and husband have fun telling others about it too! I can only imagine the kinds of reactions you must get when you do that!
    I've had them zip over me too one time I did wonder if it had wings but it zipped by much too fast for me to tell. It sounds like you must have gotten a better look and impression of the one that you saw and will make note of it.
    Last edited by A99; 12-05-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggan View Post
    I have a number of them in my basement, where my computer is. Not frightening, just annoying. However, when my son lived here and stayed in the basement, he did not like them. He is particularly sensitive, and I think they may have had an agenda with him.
    That could be. I would be interested in finding out your son's thoughts on that.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Lol, what great ghost story! I bet you and husband have fun telling others about it too! I can only imagine the kinds of reactions you must get when you do that!
    I've had them zip over me too one time I did wonder if it had wings but it zipped by much too fast for me to tell. It sounds like you must have gotten a better look and impression of the one that you saw and will make note of it.
    He did get a pretty good look and the fact that it was floating over him just hovering is just so weird. This makes twice it's happened to him. And the fact that the dog saw it and chased it gives me comfort that no one was dreaming. I've only told one person who thankfully is open minded, but we tend to keep our mouths shut on it. Most folks just don't get it and think you are a drinker or something! lol
    I just can't figure out if it is a spirit or another lifeform we have not "discovered" and documented.

I've been entertaining the notion that they are "intelligences" from another realm/dimension and that their preferred template/form of manifestation is as a shadow being. But what's interesting is that there seems to be only a few different kinds of shadow entities or versions of them. So basically, there's a uniformity there that I find very intriguing. So now you are talking about a humanoid winged shadow being that floats in mid-air and goes bump into the night. So is this another kind of shadow being that's less common? As I said before, each kind of shadow being seems to have its own unique set of behaviors.

At any rate, I will be keeping an eye out for any new reports that pop up of winged shadow beings. I think that new versions of them must pop up every so often where the intelligence is somehow mimicking the time and culture that its showing up in. How else can we explain humanoid shadow beings that seem to be wearing a Fedora Hat? Could the winged shadow entities be mimicking batman? Who knows?
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

He said he wasn't 100% positive about the wings as the form was fuzzy, may have been a shoulder. I can let that go, but the fact that it hit something implies mass or energy and the dog sensed it immediately. Just hovering parallel over him is so odd. Yeah I'd be curious as to what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    He said he wasn't 100% positive about the wings as the form was fuzzy, may have been a shoulder. I can let that go, but the fact that it hit something implies mass or energy and the dog sensed it immediately. Just hovering parallel over him is so odd. Yeah I'd be curious as to what you find.
    I think it's fair to say that whatever it is, it's not from our dimension. Or it could be from some kind of sub-stream that's within our own dimension. But whatever the case may be, the frequency of their energy translates into a specific pattern that apparently translates and manifests as a shadow being in our dimension. And in addition to this, the frequencies also determine the DENSITY of the resulting manifestation too. If the manifestation is dense enough, then it can in fact interact physically in some way with our own physical reality that allows us to hear it bumping into something when it does that (probably intentionally). That your husband felt a temperature change when he put his hand through the entity indicates that it was more dense than air and could hold a temperature different from the temperature of the room.
    So this may mean that some versions of shadow beings are more dense than others.
    Last edited by A99; 12-06-2011 at 05:17 AM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    That could be. I would be interested in finding out your son's thoughts on that.

Just talked to him about it, and he said they had a weird energy, he perceived them as "sh*t disturbers", when they were present he was on edge, so I would probably say that their energy is "irritating" at best. There have been no physical interactions at all that I can tell.