Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Serpo

Blog Entries
    I don't know but, it seems that UFOs are showing up more and more in good ole Americana. County fairs are even getting into it now.

Extraterrestrials Encouraged To Visit San Diego County Fair

That seems like acclimation to me. Or, maybe it is just capitalism.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Probably we have a difference of opinion over the definition of the word acclimation.

from the link....

McBride believes only good can come of the fair, regardless of whether real E.T.s show up to sample the Fair's offerings -- including its newest contribution to carnival culinary delights, a two-pound turkey leg covered with a pound of bacon.

This isn't it as far as I'm concerned.

Acclimation I would think.....would have a predominate theme that crosses many channels of communication.

Please tell me what the predominate theme is of the last 50 years regarding the alien acclimation process.

What is the one thing the acclimation has accomplished to this date.

What's the message?

ET could possibly exist?

Really?

That's just too vague.

The supposed acclimation process would boil down to just a few key points.

I don't know what they are.....and that tells me there is no process....or that the process is meant to confuse.

There is no real message.

More likely the message has been to cover up "earthly" test platforms.

Now I'm not saying that there no phenomena....I've seen something that appeared to real.

I'm saying in the unlikely event there has been an acclimation process....what ufers want it to be...isn't what the results have produced.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if acclimation was the goal of Serpo.
    But I am interested Mur, in knowing how the Serpo story would differ from, say "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" movie as a tool of acclamation?

Had Serpo been presented as SciFi, it could almost be a CE3 sequel.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

I don't know where the discussion of acclimation left off back then but I seem to recall there were two main theories put forward. The first theory was that acclimation in general and Serpo specifically was to advance the Core Story, "They've been here, we've been there, we have some of their technology". As Serpo started to falter, Rick Doty criticized the notion of Serpo as acclimation along the lines of if it was acclimation, it was poorly designed and he would do it differently with a bigger budget, etc.

This led to a more general discussion of various techniques of acclimation to include disinformation, surrounding the truth with a group of half-truths and lies and all the other techniques used to get an idea out there. Theory 2 would involve a very subtle, long term acclimation plan that would get idea of an exchange program out there, discussed for a couple of years and then called a hoax. The point was to get the idea discussed as a possibility beyond the fiction of Close Encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I don't know if acclimation was the goal of Serpo.
    But I am interested Mur, in knowing how the Serpo story would differ from, say "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" movie as a tool of acclamation?

Had Serpo been presented as SciFi, it could almost be a CE3 sequel.

What do you think the goal was?

But I think you are right...it's Sci-Fi all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I don't know where the discussion of acclimation left off back then but I seem to recall there were two main theories put forward. The first theory was that acclimation in general and Serpo specifically was to advance the Core Story, "They've been here, we've been there, we have some of their technology". As Serpo started to falter, Rick Doty criticized the notion of Serpo as acclimation along the lines of if it was acclimation, it was poorly designed and he would do it differently with a bigger budget, etc.

This led to a more general discussion of various techniques of acclimation to include disinformation, surrounding the truth with a group of half-truths and lies and all the other techniques used to get an idea out there. Theory 2 would involve a very subtle, long term acclimation plan that would get idea of an exchange program out there, discussed for a couple of years and then called a hoax. The point was to get the idea discussed as a possibility beyond the fiction of Close Encounters.

Doty probably wrote it...he worked on the X-Files....right?

I wish that answer satisfied me. I want to know the rest of the story. Who did what, when, at whose orders, for what purpose? To me it is a puzzle that has yet to be solved. I won't be willing to walk away from it until either I have answers that satisfy me or I am convinced that no more answers are forthcoming.

Blog Entries
    I've often wondered if, like all good disinfo/lies, some bits of truth are embedded into the story.
    Even if only 2% of the releases are true, examination to determine WHAT 2% may lead to something worthwhile.
    The trick will be sorting the chaff.
    Attachment 1008

Here is your 2%

Lawnmowers exist.

If the Source A drama taught me anything....it's that who is telling the story is everything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Here is your 2%

Lawnmowers exist.

If the Source A drama taught me anything....it's that who is telling the story is everything.
    LOL. Very funny.

But more to the point, let's say the Energy Device (ED) mentioned in several of the releases exists.
    Perhaps recovered at Roswell.
    And that leaks of it's existence had occured.

What better way to discredit the leaks than to introduce a fantastic story? From that point on if anybody inquired about the ED, the standard answer would be "See the Serpo story, just another fantasy".

I'm not saying the ED is real, just an example of how disinfo could be used to discredit authentic information.
    As I said, digging up the 2% (beyond the lawnmower) would be the real trick.
    Attachment 1008