Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Serpo

I should also add that Jeremy Corbell has meet Bushman's source,who one claimed to have worked on PROJECT STARLIGHT , and as wasn't impressed. I will pass the latest developments on to him and see what he thinks. Bushman's source could have read the Serpo information and used it, who knows? But I think Boyd Bushman's photos of the CR are his, I need to confirm this. He states he weighed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    I should also add that Jeremy Corbell has meet Bushman's source,who one claimed to have worked on PROJECT STARLIGHT , and as wasn't impressed. I will pass the latest developments on to him and see what he thinks. Bushman's source could have read the Serpo information and used it, who knows? But I think Boyd Bushman's photos of the CR are his, I need to confirm this. He states he weighed it.

Any information that either supports or casts doubt on Serpo which comes from outside the closed loop of the Serpo story as told in the releases is most welcome!

The documents regarding project Serpo are fascinating and as I read them I wanted to believe them. But then there are things that just don’t add up.

Besides all the astronomic inconsistencies that have already been stated by others, there are some odd aspects.

1- The military send a group a people to an unknown planet with unknown aliens with whom they could barely communicate.
    Isn’t that odd? Shouldn’t they have waited for better communication to develop in order to better understand, for example, what the voyage would be like? How would they be traveling through space? Because the humans were totally adrift. It’s illogical.

2- A 10 year “field trip”? A group of clueless people goes to the unknown for 10 long years? Why such a long time? Isn’t a year enough for an excellent preliminary contact with a new civilization? I know the voyages back and forth were long, but nevertheless…
    It makes no sense unless the aliens couldn’t/didn’t want to come back earlier. Maybe they were experiencing cut backs in their space program (lol).

3- We can only assume that the “away team” was chosen with the outmost rigor, they were the best of the best among a huge lot of scientists in the US military. Of course we’re talking about the sixties and of a different mentality, but nevertheless those should have been utterly prepared for the specifics of the mission.
    However, the report from the team leader on the first months on Serpo is rather disappointing. I know he had ten years to report on everything they saw, but there are things one should logically notice at once.
    What were the aliens like? Not a word. What about clothing? Yes, the female wear shawls, there is reference to outfits but description is poor for a first impression. Shoes?
    What were the houses like from the inside? We know how many rooms they had, but what were they really like? What was the furniture like? Were the homes hy tech? Were there any appliances?
    They were not allowed to photograph the children, but never asked why????

4- The team takes guns with them??????? How can this be? And one of them wanted to arm himself during the voyage. Were they scientists or members of the NRA?

5- The team received a lot of radiation during their stay, that eventual led to their death. The incredible advanced alien doctors never thought of that??? How come?
    And what about the heat? Weren’t the aliens aware of the huge difference in temperature between the two planets? Didn’t they, being so advanced, think we humans would be affected by it?
    And it took them six years to move the humans to a much cooler location. (?????)

6- What to say of the dead human incident? The team demands to see the body and threatens to go for the guns!(?) What is this? Who in his right mind would look for a show down with aliens in their own planet, as their guests? It only makes sense in a western film!

7- A highly technological species travels around in a device that looks like a helicopter?

Anyway, just some points I found to be “awkward”.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautillus View Post
    The documents regarding project Serpo are fascinating and as I read them I wanted to believe them. But then there are things that just don’t add up.

Besides all the astronomic inconsistencies that have already been stated by others, there are some odd aspects.

1- The military send a group a people to an unknown planet with unknown aliens with whom they could barely communicate.
    Isn’t that odd? Shouldn’t they have waited for better communication to develop in order to better understand, for example, what the voyage would be like? How would they be traveling through space? Because the humans were totally adrift. It’s illogical.

2- A 10 year “field trip”? A group of clueless people goes to the unknown for 10 long years? Why such a long time? Isn’t a year enough for an excellent preliminary contact with a new civilization? I know the voyages back and forth were long, but nevertheless…
    It makes no sense unless the aliens couldn’t/didn’t want to come back earlier. Maybe they were experiencing cut backs in their space program (lol).

3- We can only assume that the “away team” was chosen with the outmost rigor, they were the best of the best among a huge lot of scientists in the US military. Of course we’re talking about the sixties and of a different mentality, but nevertheless those should have been utterly prepared for the specifics of the mission.
    However, the report from the team leader on the first months on Serpo is rather disappointing. I know he had ten years to report on everything they saw, but there are things one should logically notice at once.
    What were the aliens like? Not a word. What about clothing? Yes, the female wear shawls, there is reference to outfits but description is poor for a first impression. Shoes?
    What were the houses like from the inside? We know how many rooms they had, but what were they really like? What was the furniture like? Were the homes hy tech? Were there any appliances?
    They were not allowed to photograph the children, but never asked why????

4- The team takes guns with them??????? How can this be? And one of them wanted to arm himself during the voyage. Were they scientists or members of the NRA?

5- The team received a lot of radiation during their stay, that eventual led to their death. The incredible advanced alien doctors never thought of that??? How come?
    And what about the heat? Weren’t the aliens aware of the huge difference in temperature between the two planets? Didn’t they, being so advanced, think we humans would be affected by it?
    And it took them six years to move the humans to a much cooler location. (?????)

6- What to say of the dead human incident? The team demands to see the body and threatens to go for the guns!(?) What is this? Who in his right mind would look for a show down with aliens in their own planet, as their guests? It only makes sense in a western film!

7- A highly technological species travels around in a device that looks like a helicopter?

Anyway, just some points I found to be “awkward”.
    Hello,
    Nice to have you posting on the forum.
    Glad to see you wisely use a critical eye when evaluating the releases.

Most of your points come up unlikely, but not impossible.

The general consensus over the years has been that the Serpo releases are a mixture of disinformation and actual information. The great debate has been what percentage of actual info?
    50/50?
    90/10?
    Tough call.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Like you said those points are not impossible but they are what would be a very unprofessional approach to an event of this importance.

And one more thing. The Spielberg film, Close encounters. A happy coincidence? Did someone in Hollywood manage to score a secret so well protected? Or did someone see the film and made a novel out of it?

There is life out there, there's no doubt about it. A huge universe with a single species on a single planet makes no sense at all. But this story... I don't know...

Blog Entries
    As far as CE goes, there are those with theories of government plans for public acclimation. Plans that include leaks like the script for CE.
    Attachment 1008

It's possible, of course.

Another thing. The alien found at the crash (the first alien) was said to lack vocal cords. Was this a condition of the individual or of the species? Because later on some of his "friends" learn to speak English. What do you think?

Blog Entries

Another thing. The alien found at the crash (the first alien) was said to lack vocal cords. Was this a condition of the individual or of the species? Because later on some of his "friends" learn to speak English. What do you think?
    I think it is an interesting story.
    Thought provoking really.
    Is it 100% fake? IMHO, it is not.
    But, as you point out, there are inconsistencies in the story that are difficult to reconcile.
    Attachment 1008

That, for me, too, was one of those glaring inconsistencies that really stood out.

Another one is that the Commander's logs refer to twelve people other than the commander/writer of the logs, which means there would have been 13 people instead of twelve or eleven (since one had passed away).
    (If one died before they arrived, there'd be 11 left, so you'd expect the writer/commander to refer to 10 other people than himself, not 12).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

One explanation that may help is that the releases were arranged in an order by the powers that be and the order was to be adhered to no matter what. There were some assurances that later releases would resolve some of the descrepancies. The releases as planned were shut down before they ever got to that.