Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The 'Falcon' revealed...?

Grant Cameron's article on this topic is now available. It is long and detailed and provides and excellent overview of US intelligence involvement in disseminating UFO information to civilian researchers. Beginning with Bill Moore's Aviary and continuing right up to the recent revelations from Chase Brandon. Essential reading:

"UFO Hocus Pocus: The Story of the Falcon

Written by Grant Cameron
    Wednesday, 11 July 2012 22:54

Part of our intelligence process is to be involved in counterintelligence, to lead the enemy in another direction by providing those misdirecting dots. From the book Homeland Security and Intelligence

"Something does not make much sense here. Why would someone in Washington mount a disinformation effort if the only result is to confuse members of the UFO research community, which is a very small group without much influence over the public at large?" Researcher and Author Jacques Vallee

Cast of Characters

Bill Moore – Prominent author and UFO researcher in the 1980s. Moore wrote “The Roswell Incident” which put the 1947 Roswell UFO crash story on the map. Prior to the book no one in the UFO community had ever heard of the story. He released the now infamous MJ-12 documents (a document that purported to be a UFO briefing for then President-elect Dwight Eisenhower) to the UFO community with Jamie Shandera and Stanton Friedman.

Jamie Shandera – Shandera was Hollywood film producer who teamed up with Bill Moore to research and release the MJ-12 document. He was not a UFO researcher prior to teaming up with Moore. It was Shandera who received the MJ-12 document in the mail.

Stanton Friedman – The third member of the MJ-12 research team who played no part in the hocus pocus detailed below. When approached with the name of the Falcon he told me “never heard of the guy.”

The Aviary – When Moore and Shandera were operating with their many high level intelligence sources in the 1980s, they used bird names for each source so that they could talk on the phone about the sources without using their names. Thirty years later Moore and Shandera have still not disclosed which person represented each bird. Most of the birds were never aware of this bird naming game till years later, and few if any know which bird they were.

The Falcon – The Falcon was one of the two most important birds. Moore has now confirmed that he believed Falcon to be Harry Rositzke - a former high ranking CIA official who was brought out of retirement claiming to represent a group of government insiders who wanted the UFO story put into the public. Moore apparently never met Rositzke but calculated who he must have been.

Richard Doty – Acted as the Falcon to protect the identity of the real Falcon. Reported to be a Special Agent for Air Force Office of Special Investigations at Kirkland Air Force base, but may actually have been working not for AFOSI but for Air Force Intelligence according to a new claim.

Lee Graham – A technician working for Aerojet in a classified position who was chosen to leak the documents that Moore and Shandera were receiving from their intelligence sources.

Setting the Stage

In a lecture given in Las Vegas in 1989 researcher Bill Moore recounted how the story of the Falcon and how the document leaks began,

"In early September, 1980, I was approached by a well- placed individual within the intelligence community who claimed to be directly connected to a high-level project dealing with UFOs. This individual told me that he spoke for a small group of similar individuals who were uncomfortable with the government's continuing cover-up of the truth and indicated that he and his group would like to help me with my research into the subject in the hope and expectation that I might be able to help them find a way to change the prevailing policy and get the facts to the public without breaking any laws in the process. The man who acted as liaison between this group and myself was an Air Force Office of Special Investigations agent named Richard Doty.”

Most importantly, Falcon told Moore that the information he would receive on UFOs would not all be accurate. Some of it would be disinformation. It would be up to Moore to figure out what was true and what was false. Moore accepted the challenge.

The Moore/Falcon/Aviary story is a story that still fascinates UFO researchers thirty-two years after it first began. Many researchers, such as myself, spend a lot of time trying to figure out who each of the birds of the aviary are and what information they told Moore and Shandera. It is an example of a second level UFO cover-up which is very common in Ufology. Many researchers sit quietly in the background gathering pieces of the UFO story from government and intelligence stories. The information gathered, however, is not shared with the general public. It becomes like a second level cover-up where an individual or a group of individuals, like rich men hunting rare illegal wild game, have gathered some of the UFO secrets withheld from government for their own person enjoyment.

The story that Moore would be feed would later be called the UFO “Core story.” Three men dr. Kit Green, Hal Puthoff, and Jacques Vallee met to identify what they knew for sure about all the circulating UFO stories - they came up with the core story - that extraterrestrials have visited the earth, there was a crash and the government has had a lot of trouble back engineering the saucer technology, and at least one alien was a guest of the United Sates government. The main piece of information that Moore would be given that was new was the MJ-12 document which claimed to be a UFO briefing given to the President-elect Dwight Eisenhower.

Moore’s recalled in his Sept 30, 1989 “Focus” magazine that when his research partner Jamie Shandera first received the MJ-12 Eisenhower Presidential Briefing documents anonymously in the mail in 1984 he went to talk about the document with both Richard Doty and the Falcon. He wanted to know what to do.

According to Moore, Doty told him “find someone to show them to who would do a lot of talking about them to a lot of people. ‘Show them to this person,’ he said, ‘but be sure not to give him any copies. Let whoever it is talk all they want.’ …It sounded like a good idea and I decided to act on it. After carefully considering ‘candidates’ and discussing them with Rick and others including ‘Falcon’ himself, we settled on Lee Graham.”

And so Graham became the “Pigeon” of the infamous UFO aviary – the bird who would carry the message to the curious UFO research community. He was perfect for the job. Graham held nothing back. There were no secrets. He even took every document that Moore would leak to him to his security department at AeroJet where he worked under classification as a technician. Most of the documents got out but as Graham has confirmed to me there were other documents that he received from Moore that never saw the light of day."
    Continue reading - http://www.presidentialufo.com/artic...-of-the-falcon
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

I thought Grant provided and excellent overview of US intelligence involvement in disseminating UFO information to civilian researchers. Re: the SERPO material, it could be said that among the smoke there was an extension of the so called 'Core Story'.

Pre Serpo

- ET has visited Earth
    - Craft and bodies are in US possession (reverse engineering has met with limited success)
    - Some limited contact has been made

Post Serpo

- Diplomatic relations have been established
    - Some form of personnel exchange may have taken place
    - The ETs have experimented with our genetics (This was restated in the most recent comment from Anon)

I can't help wondering if the recent revelations from Chase Brandon may have been a (thwarted?) attempt to point civilian researchers toward physical evidence to support the basic core story.
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Blog Entries
    Grant Cameron is going to be interviewed by Richard Dolan tonight on his show Truth Out Radio.

From Richard Dolan's Face Book post:

Richard Dolan: Don’t miss Richard Dolan on tonight’s Truth Out Radio. Tonight’s show:
    The CIA and UFOs: An in-depth Interview with Researcher Grant Cameron … Big Brother Developments from around the World … Why Eric Walker is so important to UFO Research … RMD gives his thoughts on the movie Prometheus … and listener calls.
    Always live from 8-11 p.m. EST at http://www.globalradioalliance.com/
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Grant Cameron's article on this topic is now available. It is long and detailed and provides and excellent overview of US intelligence involvement in disseminating UFO information to civilian researchers. Beginning with Bill Moore's Aviary and continuing right up to the recent revelations from Chase Brandon. Essential reading:
    "UFO Hocus Pocus: The Story of the Falcon

Good read...thanks for posting that Lee

You're welcome, Mur.

Bob Collins provided some clarification via email. Posted with permission:

"As Bill told me in 1985, he met the real Falcon in 1979 just after his Roswell book came out. Falcon told him then that he was the only one on the right track and as you know other insiders wanted to get the true story out. That became the Reagan Disclosure with Bob Gates and Henry Kissinger standing behind us as Jaimie told or passed onto me.

The Reagan Disclosure program died in 1991 as described in the EfD. The bad guys were winning. All other Presidents since Reagan have been against any Disclosure. We had NSA and AF Intelligence watching us constantly as you know, non stop.

As for Alexander, I don't think anybody likes the guy including me, he is spreading too many rumors and a government kiss ass IMO. The typical stereotype of a sleazy Army Col like some AF Cols I use to know that get under your skin. Wanted to punch them out.

Anyhow, all those negative attitudes give me my gun ho attitude. The more challenging the better. I'm a thrill seeker...Cheers"

Some highlights from the last 24hrs on the email short list - (posted with permission):

From Tamara Linden:

"The real Falcon was Richard Helms, Bill Moore told me this back in 2005. Moore had many sources and Rositkte was probably one of them but I doubt Rositkte was his primary source."

From Bob Collins:

"Quoting Tamara Linden, LOL. Bunch of crazy people. If Bill Moore told her that then he lied. He has no respect for Tamara nor does Doty nor I. As the trouble maker Tamara, he gave Tamara quite a line. Known Bill Moore since 1985, I know what he does. Here is what Brian Parks just said: Thanks Brian.

In June/July 2012 the CIA Falcon was disclosed as none other than Harry August Rositzke who died November 4, 2002 in Warrenton, Virginia. Very few people were in a position to know who the real Falcon was. The two we know about for certain are Bill Moore and Richard Doty. Both had direct interaction with him. Bill Moore provided a name to his friend Greg Bishop in 2005. Brian Parks (see author link, last page) had known Bill closely from the early 1980's until he dropped out of UFO research around 1994. Just a few months ago he gave Brian the very same name as Bishop had (4)"

From Brian Parks:

"For the record and you may pass along and post:

For my part I certainly never said or suggested that Helms was not involved. In fact the name has been out there for quite some time and published in Robert Collins book. This leaves me less impressed with those who are trying to pass along a name we already knew about in the first place.

And consider what makes sense. That somebody as high up and well known as Helms would get his hands dirty? Or would it be far more likely that he stay in the deep back round and let an old Counter-Intelligence professional like Harry do the organizing part of the operation.

I will also tell you, since this is easy enough to find out, that Rositzke knew Helms going all the way back to the OSS days. We are talking about a very small circle of people. And he certainly would have known him as DCI before he retired officially in 1970."

Richard Helms- the man who famously said several times that the key to secrecy was to "never put anything in writing"- seems a hilariously unlikely person to have been any sort of Deep Throat let alone become part of the Aviary mythos.

The Aviary and related multiple layer fake disclosure reminds me of the adage about reincarnation- how weird it is that no one ever remembers a past life where they were a slattern, slave or peasant, everyone's an Egyptian Princess, etc. Likewise, the Aviary is suffering from hierarchical inflation- from typical low level agency employees working disinformation rackets it keeps threatening to inflate into a "conspiracy" involving everyone's favourite dead intel directors. William Colby would have been a much better choice than Helms, because Colby had a history of "doing a Hillenkoeter" and breaking silence on various fringe matters.

More from Grant Cameron's web site:

Lee Speigel, Stanton Friedman, and Grant Cameron discuss the CIA Roswell story that was initiated by Chase Brandon, a 35-year veteran of the Agency, who has come forward describing a box at CIA headquarters which proved to him that the Roswell crash was an extraterrestrial event.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ufothin...nd-cameron.mp3

Toward the end of the interview, Stanton Friedman mentions the name of the producer for his 1979 documentary: "UFOs are Real": none other than ......... Chase Brandon.

Hmmm... when did he see the box?

So I'm now curious as to whether there is any connection between Mr. Brandon and Mr. Shandera.
    (MJ-12->1984?). Are there dots to be connected here................?

the kingfish

As Lee says above, there are a lot of reasons to believe that there is a renewed effort under way to push elements of The Core Story onto the public consciousness. Each day now the MSM has a new piece of news referencing extraterrestrial life in one way or another. Either some someones are hard at work or the most massive coincidence in the history of mass media is taking place. The hype machine is powered up and churning. The most benign explanation is that the world is bored and this is an attempt to gin up a new fad. The other explanation is that various important people have an agenda and we are seeing is the product that agenda wishes us to see.

It is possible that on Disclosure Day, they will go back to the Rosewell Incident. Telling only selected parts of the whole story, leaving out the days and weeks that followed.