PDA

View Full Version : UFO Flap, Jan 14, 15, 16, 2013 - part 1

Blucottoncandy
01-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Due to the size of this report it is being created in multiple uploads... sorry...sight limitations...

What is happening in AZ this week?

thoughts?

Please understand these are all "raw" reports submitted to MUFON before any sort of investigation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENjs0uDiXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scvMGlZHN6c

Report 1
2013-01-16
7:30 pm
(GS) Numerous bright orange lights in groups of twos, threes, and clusters
Phoenix, AZ, US

7:30PM Where were you and what were you doing at the time?

I was driving from Phoenix to Coolidge, Arizona going south on I-10E. My observation of these lights spanned the whole commute, always on the west and varying degrees of south relative to my location as I continued to drive.

What made you first notice the object?

Going south on I-10E, after passing Riggs Rd, two unusually bright and strangely colored light were apparent in the sky looking SW.

What did you think the object was when you first noticed it?

At first, I thought it could be some newly set large, high-intensity lighting for some building construction I was not aware against the black background as the orange-yellowish color was somewhat similar to the color of sodium vapor lamps common here in Phoenix. However, as I continued to drive, it became apparent that the objects were not moving relative to other night lights indicating that the lights were many miles away and up in the air.

Describe the object and its actions and motions in detail.

I would see these bright orange lights fade in, remain apparently stationary for some time, and then fade out. Initially, these lights would appear in pairs. However, there were at least three occasions that a cluster of lights appeared, light layers of rows, looking arranged something like this:

X X
X X X
X X

The cluster would not be parallel to the ground, but slanted relative to the ground. Whenever these lights would appear, they would fade in, remain for some time and then fade out, always appearing to remain stationary. There did seem to be some flickering much like the flickering of a candle at times, more than I would have expected from just a twinkle effect of viewing the light through the atmosphere.

Describe your feelings, reactions and actions, during and after sighting the object.

I was quite amazed continuing to see these unexplained lights throughout the whole commute, appearing and disappearing so many times. I speculated that it was possible that it was some kind of military testing going on somewhere many miles out SW. I thought that perhaps these were flares or some type of lighting technology. However, when I would see the clusters of lights, I was entertained to think that the cluster and pairs of lights were emanating from solid objects. As I continued to drive many miles, I began to notice that the lights would appear further and further down SW relative to my point of observation. Based on the many miles it would take before the light would seem to move toward behind me, this led me to believe that the total distance covered by all the lights I had observed would have to be at least 20-30 miles if not more. It was not apparent to me that when these lights would appear that they moved at all, and the cluster of lights would unchangingly keep equidistant from one another while visible.

How did you lose sight of the object? Coming off I-10 by turning on to McCartney Rd and heading east put most of the lights out of view eventually while looking through my car’s rear view mirror. However, upon reaching my destination, which would block most of the view due to a mountain range, a SW corner of my view does not have a mountain range. I was able to show my wife a number of these lights disappearing and appearing that remained apparent from this angle.

I should note that I was able to see these lights not just one night. The most dramatic was 1/16. However, 1/17, on the same commute, roughly around the same time, I saw similar lights again, but only a few appearance and no clusters.

Report 2
2013-01-16
7:00PM Mass UFO (Phoenix Lights - type) Sighting (>50 people) in Central Arizona
Queen Creek, AZ, US
Around 7:00 PM last night (1/16/13), I was riding home from work with a coworker in far East Mesa heading towards Queen Creek and I was staring out in the distance (as I am wont to do), when I noticed three very bright, very large yellowish-orange lights to the southwest. I was 11 when 1997 Phoenix Lights happened and, since then, I scan the sky a few times whenever I’m a passenger in a car at night. There have been countless times when I’ve seen passenger flights stacked up for landing at Sky Harbor and thought to myself, "Is that something?" Invariably, I watch the lights for about five minutes and realize they’re planes. This night, however, there was no doubt in my mind that I was seeing something strange. I can’t stress that enough - I am a believer, but I also work in science and that has caused me to be more and more skeptical; I always question my perceptions now before I leap to conclusions. Last night though, I instantly knew these lights were not planes, planets, or any normal aerial objects.

I watched them for a good five minutes, telling the driver what I was seeing. All of a sudden, they began to fade out. They didn’t go away all at once, but one-by-one from left to right. As soon as one was completely out, the next would begin to fade. I was disappointed that they had gone away so quickly and began to doubt what I had seen. My view of the sky was interrupted by trees for a stretch, but when my view was restored, two lights had returned, but slightly lower (or further away). When the lights were visible, they were completely stationary. Then, they would fade out and come back on closer to the horizon. I watched the second pair of lights for about ten minutes before they faded, again left to right. They came back one last time (3 lights this time) and hung around for another ten minutes before fading out. By this point, they had become so low on the horizon that I couldn’t see them if they continued to move. It was clear that they weren’t getting closer to the ground, just further away.

That ends my account, but I’ve talked to several other witnesses. When the lights faded out the first time, I called a third coworker who is also interested in UFOs. I told him I was watching some Phoenix Lights and he headed outside to try to find them. He drove south on the I-10 to Riggs Road and saw the same lights I was seeing, though he was able to make out four lights that would fade from left to right. He has a much better phone than I do and was able to get a video of the event. This part is odd - he noticed that when the lights faded and were not visible to his eyes, they were visible through the camera on his phone. We discussed this and think it may be due to infrared light. (Cameras are sensitive to infrared light. Try looking through your phone camera at a TV remote while you push buttons, you’ll see light.) The video ends before any movement of the craft takes place.

I went online to find out if anyone else had seen the same thing ad was very surprised to learn that people had been seeing the exact same lights with the exact same behavior for the past two nights (1/14 and 1/15) in addition to the same night I saw my lights. People have seen them as far north as central Phoenix and as far south as Maricopa, but everyone sees them to southwest. This implies that the lights are incredibly high up and absolutely massive. There are about 7 unique reports on UFOStalker, some of which have comments by up to 15 people. In addition, both my coworker on the I-10 and myself saw cars parked and their drivers staring southwest at the lights. I stopped and asked a family of three who were staring at the sky if they were watching the lights. They said they were and, while we were talking, a third car pulled into the parking lot to have a look. This is not just a small sighting.

I hoped that the lights might come back tonight, so I pulled two real cameras onto my roof and watched for about an hour. I saw nothing tonight (1/17).

Report 3
2013-01-16
12:00AM
Very bright glowing amber lights sometimes with red an unknown distance across the valley from me to the s/w from Apache Junction in the direction of Maricopa or Gila Bend. Three nights now Jan 14-15 & 16.
Maricopa, AZ, US

On the evening of January 14th 2013 around 7:30 pm from my residence in Apache Junction Az. looking to the southwest across the valley in the direction of Maricopa or Gila Bend I saw two clusters of amber lights at an unknown distance. My guess would be at least 25 to 30 miles from my location. Each cluster containing approximately three lights. The next night (Jan. 15) the two clusters were back but there were five lights per cluster and both clusters were in straight horizontal lines and there were distinct red lights periodically flashing mixed with the steady amber lights. One cluster was at about 8 degrees above horizon and the other slightly farther south about 4 degrees above the horizon. As I watched them the height cluster dimmed out all lights at the same time. (Unlike flares burning out at slightly different times). Then I saw them again last night all three nights the lights had gone away by 8 or 8:30 pm.

Blucottoncandy
01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Report 4
2013-01-16
7:55PM
2 separate sets of V like formation of orange lights
Phoenix, AZ, US
I was driving home last night, which is in an elevated part of the north valley.. I always can see the city lights, airplane traffic, Luke jets etc. I glance over and see 4 HUGE glowing orangish goldish lights hovering over the valley (if I had to guess the area would be I-10ish and maybe right around 11lth ave) I immediately pulled over and started taking pictures with my cell phone. I also took video as well. My dad and I are always talking about UFOs and such so I went ahead and called him to let him know what I was witnessing and then a second set of lights this one was 3 of the same type of orangish goldish lights. About 2 minutes after that one appeared the first set had 3 lights go out and the last fade out. Since I was on the phone I was not able to get a picture of the two sets together. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen and if I had to guess I would say whatever each set of lights was attached to had to be at least the size of two city blocks. Upon reviewing online it sounds like quite a few people have witnessed similar evens over the past few weeks. The lights appeared very bright and seemed to pulsate and almost change color slightly they seemed to get bigger and smaller but always stayed right in line with each other so definitely appeared they were connected to something.. I have seen plenty of military flares in my life time and watched several shows after the 97 lights and how they tried to make the flares look just like the lights over Phoenix with no luck.. These were DEFINTELY not flares!!!

http://www.mufoncms.com/files/45271_submitter_file4__20130116194219.mp4

Report 5
2013-01-16
7:15PM
Bright orange UFOs
Phoenix AZ US

My brother and my father came through the front door frantically. They said that there were UFOs in the sky so my mom, sister, bro and father quickly got into the car to see what was going on. Sure enough, there were three orange oval like bright objects that formed a triangle shape. It was hovering the mountains. Then it went away. We drove back home and then we see about 4 or 5 of them all lined up hovering the mountains. It looked like it landed. We couldn’t believe what we were seeing.

Report 6
2013-01-16
8:00PM
saw orbs and followed in my truck for approx. 30 miles. Orbs disappeared over desert.
Casa Grande, AZ, US

I was driving westbound in town when I noticed three orange glowing orbs just west of town about 3 miles from my location. I’ve seen these orbs on other occasions but they were much farther away and have even talked with friends who have seen them as well. Since they were close to town tonight, I decided to try to see them up close to determine if they were flares. I drove to within a third of a mile or so of the orbs just west of town. At this point, they began moving west just south of hey 84 towards Stanfield. I followed them on 84 always staying within a mile of their proximity. I opened my windows and was not able to hear any sound from them. I continued to follow them and observe as they gained altitude slightly. Perhaps 100 to 200 feet.

The orbs made a course adjustment just past Stanfield and headed southwest. I turned south on Stanfield road and continued travel toward I-8. I observed them traveling southwest over the desert/farmland for several more miles and then they simply went dark and I was no longer able to observe them. I stopped and scanned the sky but could not locate them again. The total time was 35 to 40 minutes from when I first spotted them.

Report 7
2013-01-16
7:30PM
There were 3 bright lights, Large V shape. Watched them several minutes. Real large. Unusual.
Phoenix, AZ, US

My husband & I were driving home. I saw first 2 bright yellow lights staying side by side. They were much brighter than any other lights. There were Airplanes in the sky too, these lights were different. They seemed to rotate some, then I could see 3 lights. Looked like a large V .My Husband could see them too. It seemed to hover in the distance. A few miles away. We keep driving home, but watched the lights. After 15 to 20 minutes the lights just went away... (They had faded away once but came back in a minute or two)... The last time they did not come back. I took pictures, but they are not good. The lights were in the West part of the sky. It was dark. We drive this way home often at same time of day, the lights were unusual.

Blucottoncandy
01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Report 8
2013-01-14
3 lights going over my apartment flying directly above me very low to the ground
Mesa, AZ, US

Around 12:30 i was standing outside, walking around my apartments, when all of a sudden i see lights flashing around in the distance in the sky. I stood there watching it for 15-20 minute thinking to myself, come on prove to that me you’re real aliens. That’s when i saw something with 3 lights on it flying towards me. My first instinct was to run, but i stood there and watched it. I honestly thought i was about to die right there. As i was standing there, this object flew right above my head and made no noise until it was directly above me. It made the craziest roaring, low-toned humming sound. It flew off towards the north, i raced inside to grab my girlfriend before it left but it was too late. The other object was still there in the sky. I’m hoping what i experienced happened to someone else. This was honestly one of the most intense moments in my life.

Report 9
2013-01-15
Was driving and saw the objects in the east sky
Chandler, AZ, US

I was driving home and saw the objects in the west sky and took a photo while I was driving. They stayed stationary and I saw 3 objects really bright in a triangle pattern

Report 10
2013-01-14
7:25PM
Two pairs of HUGE orange-yellow lights hovered in southwestern sky, then descended westward at 45 degree angle as if landing southwest of Casa Grande.
Florence, AZ, US

Went out the back door heading for the arena to put away the horses feed bins. My dogs went with me. Stepped out on the patio and lit a cigarette. Told the dogs to go do their thing, and they scampered off. Turned to face the arena (southwest of me) and immediately noticed two very bright lights very close together about 8 to 10 degrees above the horizon.

At first I thought they were attached to an approaching aircraft, as I live in the landing path of both Sky Harbor and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airports, but the lights were coming in on an entirely different heading than usual. Then thought they may be from yet another military helicopter, as several had passed directly overhead late that afternoon and evening. The National Guard Training Grounds are directly east of me here, so that wasn’t too unusual.

I turned my attention to the dogs for a few seconds, still curious about the lights, as I couldn’t hear the normal noise the helicopters always make. I looked back toward the lights and discovered that another pair, identical to the first ones, had appeared about 10 degrees to the right of the originals. The new ones seemed to be at the same altitude as the lights I had first noticed, but at a slightly greater distance from me. What I mean is, they were slightly lower in the sky and just a very little bit smaller.

The next thing I noticed was that they were seemingly stationary, or at least moving extremely slowly for an aircraft close enough to see the landing lights on that well, plane or chopper.

I proceeded down the steps into the yard, gathered the bins, put them inside the door of the shed, and went back up the steps. This takes between 80 and 90 seconds (I later timed it twice.) I turned to see the lights again from the same position on the patio that I had first seen them, and realized they had not moved at all in that length of time.

I continued to watch them for perhaps 15 seconds, when they began to move, in formation, descending fairly quickly to the right at about a 40 to 45 degree angle. Puzzled, I rationalized that they must be helicopters, to be able to come down sideways like that in unison, because the lights never seemed to turn away from being pointed directly, or very nearly so, towards my position. I estimated, at first, that they were about 3 or 4 miles away. I was still bothered by the fact that they made no sound, but convinced myself that it may have been muted by the extremely rare cold weather here at the time.

As soon as I sure that they were choppers, I was immediately un-convinced because 2 REAL military helicopters passed rapidly by my house, one from the east and the other from the north. I could see their red and green FAA navigation lights and the white strobes on both tails. They met up southwest of my place, the one from the north falling in behind the one from the east, and both turned to head southwest, toward the descending lights.

The choppers were about four miles from me when the bright lights dipped below the crest of the ridge out in the desert to my southwest. The choppers continued on their course, and also disappeared past the ridge. I could still hear the choppers for some time after I could no longer see them.

I watched for a while to see what else would happen, but it was too cold to stay out long. Put out my cigarette and took the dogs in. When my wife arrived home from work, I mentioned the event to her, and she thought it must be some kind of military maneuvers, as she had seen several choppers flying nearby our property also.

I checked your 20 latest sighting reports, and found the reports from Casa Grande today. If these reports were of the same lights I saw (same direction, same color, same date and time) then they were HUGE to be seen at that distance from my position with the apparent size of an aspirin (viewed edge-on)!

I am former military (radar), not a youngster, and my father (USAF) was a pilot. Believe me when I tell you, these lights were STRANGE!

Report 11
2013-01-15
Second sighting of bright lights over Casa Grande in same location as yesterday, but three lights were seen.
CASA GRANDE, AZ, US

While I was traveling on Cottonwood LN, Casa Grande, heading West (on the bridge over I-10, same location as yesterday’s sighting) I saw three bright objects in a straight horizontal line hovering over Casa Grande in a SW direction. It was obvious these lights did not belong in that direction. This time I had a pair of binoculars. I was able to see an orange colored light surrounded by a yellow light. The objects were not moving. There were no navigation lights seen. After ten minutes, the lights began to fade out starting with the left object, yellow first, followed by the orange light, then the middle object fading, then the right object fading. I waited a few minutes and never saw the lights again. I returned home.

There is a small municipal airport about four miles north of this location, small planes with navigation lights are rarely seen at night. These lights were definitely not small airplanes. It was really strange to see these lights again. I feel that the lights are real; could be UFOs or a government ploy. No comment!

Sighting 12
2013-01-15
7:35PM
Glowing amber lights over southwest phoenix
Phoenix, AZ US

While traveling southbound on 99th Ave I noticed two amber lights in the sky. They were so low on the horizon that at first I had mistakenly thought they were street lights, same color and seemed round in shape. I then noticed another set above the first, they were identical to the first set and slightly to the west. Each light in each set was evenly spaced. As I watched another set appeared to the east of the first. At this time the original, most lowest set started to dim out. They didn’t fly away or move at all, just simply faded. A third set of 2 lights then appeared to the west and just after that set seemed to reach its brightest the most highest set then dimmed out.
I grew up on Air Force bases around the world. Ive seen F-16s line up for landings at night. I am also somewhat aware of what an F-35 can do. I certainly know what flares look like. I have no clue what these 8 lights were. They did not move or twinkle, they glowed. When they started to dim I would look for signs of normal aircraft lights and could not see the usual red or white lights. I did take some horrible cell phone video but haven’t a clue how to get in on the computer to upload here.

Report 13
2013-01-14
Four bright objects in a horizontal line hovering above Casa Grande. All lights went out and then two lights went back on west of original sighting and then disappeared
CASA GRANDE, AZ, US

I was a passenger in a car heading West on Cottonwood LN, when I noticed Four bright objects in a straight horizontal line. This occurred approximately 1930 hours. These lights were in a vicinity where there are no tall structures and way too high. These objects were far right of Casa Grande Mountain which have red tower lights. I knew at this point these objects did not belong there. After a few minutes the lights disappeared. Two lights reappeared in a westward direction hovering, what looked like over the electrical power plant, but further back. The two lights were higher than the red lights on top of the power plant. Also, I was able to see a jet airliner going in a northeastern direction with its navigation lights on many thousands of feet above the hovering lights. A few minutes later both lights disappeared in place.

I figured that the objects were UFOs because I saw no navigation lights, heard no sound (maybe because of the distance) and where I saw them.

Blucottoncandy
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Report 14
2013-01-15
bright yellow/orange lights over sw valley
phoenix, AZ, US

I was at work at the phx sky harbor airport, looked south west of phoenix near south mountain/Estrella mountains saw two bright yellow lights much brighter than aircraft but did not seem flare like they were oriented side by side then faded, rebrightened disappeared then brightened then dimmed and gone for 15 or so minutes

Then the two lights reappeared same area maybe a little more east. This time the lights were at an angle from each other / like that but still side by side just one a little higher than the other. Then after about 5 minutes dimmed and disappeared like the first set.

5 or ten minutes after those lights the lights reappeared only this time there were three sets, same color and intensity two right next to each other and one slightly higher and to the right of the other two dimmed brightened and dimmed again then changed direction in relation to each other then stayed at the same altitude this time they disappeared and did return the rest of the night..

I’ve seen flares they dimmed like flares, but they did not drop, and flares do not usually move in a lateral direction.. Or around each other there were no aircraft in the area except for normal commercial traffic which were at the time landing from west to east.

If you were in the area of my vantage point the airport they would have been viewed west of the TV towers on South Mountain, they appeared to be much further away than the towers, but in relation to them much brighter.

Report 15
2013-01-15
9:30PM
cylindrical shape hovering above local dump appearing and reappearing
Casa Grande, AZ, US

It was 8:00pm on 1-15-2013 I was getting myself a drink and our neighbors kid came over talking about lights in the Skye. I told him probably flares or an airplane flying low. But as we went outside he spotted the lights just across the street had an orange yellow glow about it. It hovered in the area for about 10 minutes and the lights disappeared. 5 minutes later the lights appear again this time lower than before. The lights would dim in and out randomly before totally disappearing completely. During this event me and the neighbor’s kid tried our best to get as close to the area where the object was. We listened for sound (was none) as excited & stunned to see this event my immediate thought was call local police and see about how they can look in to the event. I was told by dispatch to report it to a UFO website. And I did. After the object was no longer visible I contacted MUFON Arizona for the report.

Report 16
2013-01-15
6 orange lights south west of phoenix in the night sky
phoenix, AZ, US

6 orange glowing lights (MUCHH brighter than any airplane) in the night sky south-west of phoenix/metro area. first saw 2 next to each other, they dimmed out to black for a minute then came back on - then saw 3 more to the west of them, dimmed out to black for a minute, when re-lit, all 5 or 6 were in a horizontal line right next to each other. When lights are illuminated, they appear stationary. They will then dim to black and when re-appear (about a minute later) will have moved drastic distances - probably 20 miles or so. I would guess they are 30 miles to the southwest of my location in Waddell, AZ. multiple friends reported seeing the same thing on Facebook. Called 2 friends who work at Luke Air Force base and are were on duty during the event (about 5 miles west of my current location), and they had no knowledge of any military event taking place.

Report 17
2013-01-14
8:12PM
Two sets of orange lights in close proximity to each other, hovering in the distance
Apache Junction, AZ, US

At 8:12 PM on Monday evening January 14th, I was inside my home, walking to another part of the house when I past the front door (which has a large clear glass window) and notice two very bright lights moving in the night sky. This caught my attention due to there not being any red/blue aircraft positioning lights or rotating beacon.

The two bright white lights suddenly stopped mid-air. After about 30 seconds the white lights turned bright orangish red. Two minutes later, another orange light appeared close to the existing two orange lights. A few seconds later, a fourth orange light appeared. Now it looked like two sets of equally spaced orange lights suspended in the sky about 5 miles away (estimate) and perhaps about 2000 feet above the city lights of Gilbert or perhaps Queen Creek. My home is at 1880 feet in elevation, so the lights were just a little higher in elevation than my home.

I called for my wife who now was standing next to me looking out the window on the front door. We both watched as the two sets of two orange lights just hovered in place. I asked her to get the camera and she did. I grabbed a set of astronomical binoculars and continued watching the four lights. My wife came with the digital camera, went onto the front courtyard and shot a couple of photographs of the lights.

At 8:17 the first two orange lights gently faded from view. They did not fly away, they simply got more and more dim until they could not be seen. Meanwhile the second set of two orange lights pulsed from very bright orange to a fainter orange then back to bright orange several times.

At 8:18PM, one of the remaining orange lights in the pair, faded from view, and a few seconds later, the last remaining orange light faded from view. Again, they did not "fly away" but simply faded to black. They did not separate or get closer together but maintain a constant distance from each other the whole time I was observing them.

When the two sets of orange lights were present, and with the binoculars, I could see the space between each set of orange lights was darker than the surrounding area. Essentially, it looked like the space between the lights, blocked the somewhat misty looking, dimly lit, sky over the city area. It sort of was in the shape of a "skinny football" with a single bright orange light on each end. Both sets of lights had this appearance to me.

I am an active Phoenix MUFON Field Investigator and have no real explanation as to what exactly I saw. But my wife and I both watched these lights for a total of six minutes.

Report 18
2013-01-14
7:47AM
Glowing lights appear to hover and then disappear. Number of object range from 1 to 4 objects at a time
Phoenix, AZ, US

These lights are seen often in the same direction. We often go outside for smoke break and see these odd lights. They are very very bright they just appear for minutes and then quickly disappear. We would like to know what they are or if others are reporting them.

Report 19
2013-01-12
8:35PM
3 lights flickering like lanterns in a large triangle shape/formation moving slowly/silently from West to East over me out of view

I pulled in to a strip mall for a band gig at Fibber Magee’s and saw an odd triangle of star like lights in the sky from my car as I parked and glanced out my window. I stargaze so I am always looking at the sky at night and bright star like objects get my attention as I look for Venus or Jupiter or marvel over aircraft that occasionally look like stars. This pattern of lights was odd to me. It was traveling very slowly West to East. There were no flashing lights or spotlights like urban aircraft would have and no additional lights became visible like with some craft as its angle changed passing over. I immediately started taking phone video which is attached.

It was totally silent and in the same triangle shape the whole time. There is no variation in the position of the lights even when scrubbing the video I took fast forward and backward. Distance was hard to estimate but it was below a low lying cloud layer with lots of moving mist in the air. Possibly 300 feet but maybe as much as 1000. Couldn’t tell at any time with my eyes if it was one big thing with lights or 3 small things in perfect formation because there was nothing but black background.

The lights had a gentle flickering appearance like the flame in floating lanterns or like the mist in the air was creating a star like twinkle as it/they moved. The triangle shape stayed so perfect and unchanging that it seemed unlikely that it was a formation of free floating objects like balloons with lights or remote controlled aircraft in formation. I thought possibly a high formation of aircraft in the v shape but the lights were very vivid and bright when in front of me and quickly got too small for my camera to resolve after moving West and over the buildings. That indicated smaller, closer, lights to me. The triangle shape also became distorted as it moved away becoming squashed almost to a straight line. This indicates a radical perspective change to me, which also suggests something closer. It was far too big to be a kite or hang glider with lights. It was also too big to be a close aircraft with that large a triangle of lights without being heard.

The video loses the lights at the end but to my eyes it never vanished or made any sudden moves. It just slowly, silently, flew past like a formation of floating lanterns until the dots of light were too small for the phones image chip to resolve anymore. I saw it with my eyes for another minute or so before it finally traveled behind the buildings. Total time from seeing it till it was gone, maybe 3 minutes. There is a curious frame of video in the 1:54 area where a new point of light appears for 1 video frame, but it could be a video compression distortion. In retrospect I probably should have chased it, but I was due on stage for a show and I was feeling the pressure and I was not completely convinced that it was aliens or whatever . . . it just seemed like something odd that I should get on tape for documentation. I still can’t explain it though.

http://www.mufoncms.com/files/45195_submitter_file1__UFOwebwtrmrk.mov

Doc
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Great reports! I lived in that area and there are a lot of training flights at night from the USAF bases around Phoenix. These flights are used to debunk sightings in the area, as in the Phoenix Lights. But anyone who has lived in the area and who has watched the skies at night can spot the training flights for what they are and would not be likely to mistake them for unknowns. I look forward to seeing what MUFON makes of these reports.

calikid
01-18-2013, 07:57 PM
As the bird flies... that area is not that far from Edwards AFB to the East and Area 51 to the North. Maybe ARV?

Doc
01-19-2013, 12:40 AM
As the bird flies... that area is not that far from Edwards AFB to the East and Area 51 to the North. Maybe ARV?

Luke AFB and Williams AFB right nearby , also bases in Tucson and Yuma, so the sky is often full of jets. However, they usually fly predictable patterns and stay to known, long established test ranges.

Chris
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM
I have been reaching out to people I know in the Phoenix area to see if I can find anyone who might have also seen these same sightings. I'll let you know if I can find any corroboration.

newyorklily
01-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Here is the website for Phoenix MUFON in case anyone wants to reach our to them.

http://www.phoenixmufon.com/welcome.html

Blucottoncandy
01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Addition report filed yesterday dating back to Jan 16...

Report 20
2013-01-16
7:15PM
Gold Canyon, AZ, US
Multiple viewings of groups of lights as well as attempted photos/video

I was returning from bird photography in S. AZ. I was driving between Globe, AZ
and Superior, AZ at the time of the first sighting. I saw two amber lights in a
location that I knew there were no buildings in the mountains. I was just about
to enter the tunnel about 2 miles outside of Superior. I knew I would have a
better view once through it. Unfortunately they were no longer there. Only a few
minutes had passed since the initial observation. I proceeded on and was able to
now view a group of three lights that appeared to be between Florence, AZ and
Queen Creek, AZ. I finally found a spot to pull off and view with binoculars.
All that could be see was amber/gold round lights. They did remind me a bit of
the air force flare drops on the Barry Goldwater Range. The three lights went
out so I proceeded towards my home in Gold Canyon. Soon I saw two more lights
and pulled over. I attempted to hand hold my camera with telephoto lens - the
exposures were long and blurry. I proceeded the last few miles and stopped in
the Bashas shopping center parking lot where I pulled out a tripod and attempted
photos/videos of three white non moving lights. When observed with binoculars
they seemed to have a light orbiting the main light. I will review my results
soon.
All the while I saw the lights I believed they might be flares. I
could never see strobes from a plane dropping them though. They did not behave
like flares I have seen in the past. Plus from where I estimated them to be -
they would not have been in military airspace. I phoned a friend who lives in
Queen Creek to go outside and look. He said they were to his west. I phoned a
friend who is a pilot to see if he had a scanner or such to see if there was
talk of this but he did not. Unfortunately, I had developed a bad enough
migraine to not pursue trying to get a closer look. I went home and told my
wife. She helped me get back in the car and drove a mile or so down the road to
a park area to try to see them. There were not there to begin with but we
finally spotted the last two of the evening very low on the horizon to the SW.
She too, viewed them with binoculars. Every instance of sightings the lights
were motionless but did seem to fade in and out. They were extremely bright on a
very clear night.

I just felt confused and tried to rationalize that these
were flares. If my estimation of their distance to me was correct it doesnt make
sense. If it was an extreme illusion as to how close they were - flares would be
my main guess. The white light objects I have no explanation for. Once again -
reviewing the video and possibly having a videographer friend help me with it
will be my next step.

Blucottoncandy
01-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Below is a response from Dennis P. Freyermuth - Chief Investigator, Arizona MUFON.

The video he references can be located here...
http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/ufoflaresorphnxlights

UFOs over the BGR (Reports of Phoenix Lights are back) This is a cover report for selected cases to the MUFON Case Management System relating to specific events occurring on the evening of January 14, 15 and 16th of 2013. The timeline of these events are from approximately 19:00 hours Arizona time through 22:00 hours all reported in the direction of the Southwest from the Phoenix area to west/southwest from the Casa Grande area. These events also are related to yellow/orange lights or orbs that appear stationary and blinking off and back on in a different location.

My investigation, plus being a local residence of the Casa Grande area and being familiar with these events, have formulated a solid conclusive explanation for these sightings. In short these are misidentified military flares over the Barry Goldwater Range south of I-8 mainly in the area south of Gila Bend, Arizona. This is commonly known activity over many years by long time local residence and police department. When it becomes noticeable by people outside of the local area is when these flares are illuminated at higher altitudes which make them now visible from the Phoenix area and other valley locations and by first time witnesses to these events.

These flares are of the LUU-2 family of flares. It is my suspicion that these flares being noticed are possibly the newer LUU-19A/B flares which emit an IR bandwidth lighting and is suspended by a parachute to illuminate ground tactical maneuvers for as long as 6 to 7 minutes. This form of illumination is suited for our troupes and pilots using night vision goggles. The majority of this type of training is conducted at the Barry Goldwater Range for our military people deploying to the Middle East or other areas of conflict.

I have no reason to believe this could be some kind of covert ET cover up or ET craft maneuvering around the valley. I have no factual evidence indicating anything of this nature.

I have attached a short video clip from a 60 minute continuous video I shot with a Canon XHA1s HD camera on January 16th 2013. I was at a high vantage area just northwest of the Casa Grande Municipal Airport shooting to the west/southwest area in the direction of Gila Bend, Arizona which is over 50 miles away. I was aware of the flare activity over the BGR Monday January 14th and 15th but did not set up with my camera until the 16th.

I saw no unusual activity to my north towards the Phoenix area other than the usual air traffic on approach to Phoenix Sky Harbor 35 miles away. While filming I was receiving phone calls of witnesses stating that the Phoenix Lights were back. They were observing stationary orange lights over South Mountain and to the southwest. Others from the Florence and Casa Grande Area claimed these lights were over the city of Casa Grande.

I conclude these events mentioned and entered into our CMS to be IFO Man-made being identified as some form of military illumination flares over the Barry Goldwater Range.
Dennis P. Freyermuth
Chief Investigator, Arizona MUFON