PDA

View Full Version : Gold in them there hills

earthman
01-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Hey all. Havn't posted to much lately. Of course I don't have internet at the moment but getting it again soon which will help. But been working on setting up a claim at an old mine I found. I'm a GPAA member, "Gold Protectors Association of America". And years ago I found an old mine way up in the mountains near Cripple Creek Colorado. After hiking up there again after 30 years last summer, I am going to try to reopen it and see what might be in there. Have some other miners going to help out and there looking into the land. Here is some photo's of the opening we got. Its' around 10,000 feet up in the mountains. Thought I would share them..

earthman

earthman
01-24-2014, 08:53 PM
O yea. Any members here that would like to go up there are welcome. Great place to camp and have fun. Wont be until spring time after some melting of the snow.

earthman

Dragonfire
01-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Sounds adventurous & fun. Good luck!

epo333
01-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Hey all. Havn't posted to much lately. Of course I don't have internet at the moment but getting it again soon which will help. But been working on setting up a claim at an old mine I found. I'm a GPAA member, "Gold Protectors Association of America". And years ago I found an old mine way up in the mountains near Cripple Creek Colorado. After hiking up there again after 30 years last summer, I am going to try to reopen it and see what might be in there. Have some other miners going to help out and there looking into the land. Here is some photo's of the opening we got. Its' around 10,000 feet up in the mountains. Thought I would share them..

earthman

Be careful in there earthman, looks like it could be a great "bug-out" location.

At todays' gold prices, it would take much of a find to cash in big...Gold $1270.10 per once!

CasperParks
01-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Good luck and have fun!

norenrad
01-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Looks like a nice place to camp, my wife and I are interested in buying some land up'n thar mountains. I hear mineral rights are hard to get.

Be careful in those old mines; you know the warnings.

earthman
01-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Can't wait till spring. norenrad, you will have to come up there with us sometime. Nice place to camp. It not to hard to stake a claim around there. The claim even gives me the right to build a small cabin there. But we'll see how it goes. Need to make sure it will pan out first. Make sure there is enough gold there.

earthman

Doc
01-25-2014, 02:05 AM
Sounds like great fun. There are old mines all over the Mojave Desert where I live and we have explored a lot of them. Good luck and have fun. I wish we could go with you!

earthman
01-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Come out this spring or summer and i'll take ya up there. Can't wait until the melt this spring..

earthman

norenrad
01-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Can't wait till spring. norenrad, you will have to come up there with us sometime. Nice place to camp. It not to hard to stake a claim around there. The claim even gives me the right to build a small cabin there. But we'll see how it goes. Need to make sure it will pan out first. Make sure there is enough gold there.

Sounds like a good idea, I'll have to schedule some time off this spring/summer. It'll be a good experience for my wife and I; giving us an idea of what type of land is up there. I'm trying the self-employed route this year, trying to get an edge in this economy, so I hope to be able to afford some time off for once.

My first work-order is in Aspen, this Monday, that's a long drive.

majicbar
01-26-2014, 11:26 PM
I like to watch "Gold Rush", and "Bering Sea Gold" on the History Channel. What I don't understand is that reading various gold magazines and reading on the Internet is how slap dash the efforts are to recover gold. I've seen that depending on the operation, past operations have often left ten to thirty percent of the gold in the tailings of that first effort. I notice that in gold operations in Africa and Central and South America that using mercury in black sands yields gold from them, even when there did not seem to be visible gold in the pan. Indeed I've read on the Internet that there is more value in the black sands than in the gold. Black sands need more processing to pull out their value. The amount of black sands by volume is several times that of any gold seen. The black sands are primarily rare earth minerals as heavy, or heavier, than gold. I have thought that a process I would call "whole earth recovery" would be much better economically than what is being done at present. Sorting not just for gold, but all the economically valuable elements and minerals from the ground would seem to be a far better goal of mining.

earthman
01-26-2014, 11:56 PM
I have a lot of friends that keep there black sands for later processing. It is usually done with chemical's. I went yesterday to the creek across the street. Set up my sluice box and froze my toes off,lol. Tried a different spot up stream from my usual spot. Got plenty of black sands but only a few specks. Sucked. lol. It was over 60 yesterday and had a blast but froze my toes off. Had a little leak in my boots. I had some plastic grocery bags on over my socks but still froze um good. lol. I just panned off the black sands, didn't save them. Me and a friend, he lives back in Ohio, have a Highbanker/Dredge combo set up. This spring he will be bringing it out to go up to that old mine. Need to get one of those portible crusher they sell to work those old tailings I was talking about. You all are welcome to stop out here and have some fun up there camping and panning for gold. Lots of fun and it might pay for your vacation. The Hoffmans on "Gold Rush" are a joke. I'm a GPAA member and on many of the big Gold forums think the same of them. I could put together a team better then them. I'm sure of that. They ran some adds at one of the forums for miners for the show. I know of one that went. Was fired the first episode. . He was the one a few years ago that was working for Fred. He is on Oxycodone for his back and Fred thought he was ajunky or something and fired him, lol. He is a GPAA member and was a director here in Colorado.

Can't wait until spring.

earthman