PDA

View Full Version : Atrazine

Dragonfire
02-06-2014, 06:08 PM
This came to me in an email. Thought I would share. Kind of scary in a way.

""Atrazine. It's a chemical so potent that male frogs exposed to low levels of it can turn into female frogs - producing perfectly viable eggs. This same chemical is a widely-used herbicide whose residues have been found on most American corn crops and atrazine contamination of U.S. drinking water is widespread.
This is not a joke.
If atrazine can - and does - alter the anatomy of frogs, imagine the havoc it could wreak on the human body.
We highlight the effects of atrazine in EWG's Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors, produced in partnership with the Keep a Breast Foundation. Our groundbreaking research lists a dozen chemicals - atrazine among them - that are some of the most harmful to the endocrine system. This informative booklet describes 12 of the worst hormone disruptors, how they do their dirty deeds and some tips on how to avoid them.
It's reports like this that makes EWG's work so critical, but we can't take on these fights without your help."

majicbar
02-07-2014, 10:12 PM
We are a society addicted to high tech chemistry, we will continue to pay the price for using these as shortcuts to profts. A far better way to farm would be to build vast greenhouses where climate and the ecology can be controlled without resorting to this chemical soup we use today.

atmjjc
02-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Just speculating out loud, if matter or atoms carry with it some of the building blocks of intelligence than mankind might be coming up with these crazy discoveries just for the purpose of adaptation to the environment in which we live, sort of a schizophrenic hive mind with a purpose of unknown proportions to the world species.

norenrad
02-08-2014, 04:42 AM
I want some of what you're having. :p

Doc
02-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Geez! Don't spill any of that Atrazine stuff in your lap! :yikes: