PDA

View Full Version : Tall Grays Encounter

lorelei
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone. I got the notification of this new forum and since there aren't many threads in this category, I decided I would go ahead and share my experience. :)

I've been a member on another paranormal forum for about two years now. I've been doing a lot of reading about this phenomenon since then.

Prior to my joining the online UFO community I tried to put it out of my mind and was a big-time skeptic because that is what society demanded of me. If you are a thinking intelligent person without a mental illness, you are expected not to believe in this stuff. I failed to remember however a childhood incident I had- which has greatly trouble me since it happened. I didn't really forget it mind you, it wasn't blocked from my memory- I simply did not think about it... until one fateful day when I quit my job and was watching TV, and depressed because I couldn't find another job. As I was flipping through the channels, I came across an episode of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. At that moment, it all started coming back to me... and I began to wonder...

I know I was eight years old when it happened. The only reason I know I was eight years old is because I told a lot of my the other kids at school about it. I told anyone who would listen to me about the monsters I saw in my living room one night.Every time I would tell the story I would start it with, "When I was eight..." This is why I am certain of how old I was when it happened... because I remember telling the story...

<ahem>

One night when I was 8, I was watching TV with my parents. It was a typical evening. Every night my parents would have their nightcaps and sit in the living room and watch old sitcoms. This is a night time activity which they to this day still partake in almost 20 years later... except my mother doesn't drink anymore, she'll sip a diet cola or a diet root beer now instead.

Anyhow... it was a typical evening at home. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened that I am aware of at least. My sister was already in our shared bedroom reading a book and my parents and I were relaxing in the living room. We had a large sectional sofa. My mother was seated at one end of it, and I was lying down on my right side at the other end with my head on a pillow.

I remember lying there watching the screen, a little sleepy but not overly sleepy(I wouldn't have admitted it if anyone had asked me lol). All of a sudden, my eyes were closed. I was shocked. I'm not one of those people who can just nod off without trying to do so. Even when I was eight I was puzzled by this. I felt groggy, like I had been in deep sleep for hours, but had not gotten sufficient sleep from it.

I was eventually able to open my eyes although it was very difficult. That was when I saw the monsters standing in the living room...

There were three or four of them. I want to say four, but I could only see three because the fourth was standing behind the one closest to me. I was fairly certain he/she was there though because I saw movement...

The beings were standing kind of in a disorganized circle. The one who was standing closest to me had his back to me and was facing the wall on the other side of the living room. He was maybe 5 feet away from me. Another one was standing to his left a little out to the left. That one had his/her right arm hanging down by his/her side and the fingers were all curled up in a relaxed sort of pose. The third one was standing in the place between the gap of the first and second one I described and I could see him/her clearly. They were all looking at one another and making small gestures with their hands, turning their heads from one to the other. The impression I had was that they were having a conversation, but there were no words being spoken.

They were very tall (from my lying down perspective, I'm not sure exactly HOW tall, I just perceived them to be tall... taller than me...) and extremely thin. They were not wearing any clothing and they did not have any hair on top of their large heads. They were gray colored and their arms were disproportionately long as were their fingers. I was staring at the second one's arm and fingers in horror. I couldn't look away from that part of its body. It seriously bothered me and it was seriously scary...

I wanted more than anything in the world at that moment to scream for my mom, to leap up off the sofa and run to my parents' bedroom and wake them up, but I was unable to do ANYTHING. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. I couldn't do ANYTHING... this realization only served to worsen the fear.

After a few minutes of panic, I calmed down. I suddenly realized that they were not paying any attention to me at all- as though they were not aware of my presence. I was immediately relieved when I realized this and I began to relax somewhat, my mind became clearer now that it was more free of the paralyzing panic I had been in. I decided they just wanted to have a little chat in my living room and they were going to finish their little chat then they were going to go away back to wherever it was that they came from and everything would be OK. I clung to this idea... until...

The one who was standing closest to me turned his head and looked over his left shoulder... his gaze fell on ME. There was NO question about it. He was looking directly at ME. The panic came back. Oh no!! Oh God!!

He turned his head back to the others, and I just knew he was telling the others I was there. I just knew it! Now though, looking back on it, I'm pretty darn sure they already knew I was there to begin with...

My mind began to race again. What were they going to do now that they had discovered me? Were they going to kill me? Were they going to take me away and I would never see my home ever again? Were they going to eat me alive??? All these irrational terrible thoughts were racing through my head.

The one who was standing closest to me turned his head around and looked over his left shoulder once again, his gaze falling on me again. He then turned his whole body counter clockwise and was facing me. I remember him starting to walk towards my paralyzed body on the sofa... and then there is a memory gap there. When I told the story to the other kids at school I said he got down on his knees on the floor in front of me... but I don't really remember that now... all I remember is seeing him start to walk towards me... then BAM. He was RIGHT IN MY FACE!!

His eyes were huge and black. His face was so close to mine all I could see was his face. I couldn't see the others anymore, I couldn't see the TV or the walls or the ceiling or anything... just his face. It filled up my field of vision completely!!

I was more terrified than I had been before times ten! OMG!!

It seemed he was staring at me forever with this intense look, like he was focusing all of his attention on me. I was naked. I was vulnerable. I was his. He could do whatever he wanted to me and I could not do anything at all. He held me helpless with his gaze and I thought I was surely going to die of fright at any moment.

I then saw something out of the corner of my left eye. Something that appeared to me as a finger. It was long, thin, the same color as his face, and rounded at the tip. It was so close to my face it was all blurry, so I'm not really 100% certain of what it was, but I perceived it at the time to be a "finger".

The finger moved from the lower left corner of my field of vision towards m nose, then it moved up towards my forehead and I was following it with my eyes in horror. The whole time this finger was moving, those eyes were still behind it staring intensely at me with an unwavering stare.

For weeks after the incident whenever I would close my eyes I would see that face and it frightened me. The image was burned into my memory and gave me horrible nightmares... and yet now when I try to remember it all I can recall are vague details. For example, I couldn't tell you what the eyes were shaped like. Others have said they are almond shaped... but I want to say his were oval shaped. I'm not really sure how accurate that is... but I know they were very big and solid black...

I felt the finger touch me in the center of my forehead. As soon as I felt that light touch it was as if someone had flipped off a light switch. My whole body turned into Jello and my eyes closed instantly at that same moment. I had the sensation of floating and I did not like it one bit. I struggled to snap myself out of this trance but I could not do it! I was fighting it with every ounce of mental strength I had and it was not enough. I couldn't resist the mind control... he was too strong...

My thoughts began to slow down and fade away. All those panic stricken thoughts of what he was going to do to me and why just sort of faded away...

I then "heard" a "voice". It wasn't really a sound though, it was in my actual mind. It was very loud and very clear. It had my entire attention focused on it. It was everything in my reality. It was everywhere in my reality. It was my ENTIRE reality...

It was a low tenor man's voice. This is why I call him a he... because of the "voice". The voice said the following, and I quote because I remember precisely word for word what he said to me:

"Everything is going to be alright. You are going to go to sleep now..." completely devoid of any type of emotion. It was like a science teacher telling you about the facts of nature. No feeling at all. Very inhuman to be sure. I began to feel confused and groggy again and felt like I was drifting away... then the voice continued, "...and when you wake up this will all seem like a dream..."

lorelei
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
BAM! The next thing I was aware of, I was lying in my bed in the bedroom I shared with my older sister. Just like that. BAM.

I sat up in bed and looked around all paranoid. Where did they go? Are they gone?! I looked over at my sister who was lying flat on her back sound asleep with her right arm sticking out over the side of her twin sized bed. My sister and I never really got along, and I was usually not happy to see her ever, but I was VERY happy to see her at that moment. Relief washed over me. I was finally safe!

I jumped up out of bed and ran down the hallway to the kitchen, running as fast as I could. Apparently my mother heard me running because when I came out of the hallway I noticed she was staring at me with a puzzled expression on her face. I ran to the kitchen table where both of my parents were seated. My father had the newspaper spread out on the table in front of him and a smoldering cigarette was in the ash tray next to his hand. My mothers hands were wrapped around her coffee mug and the morning radio news was on in the background just like every morning.

"What's the matter?" my mother asked me, concerned. I'm sure my eyes were about as big around as lemons...

The first words out of my mouth were these exact words, "Did you guys take me to bed last night?!"

My mother tilted her head, puzzled, and said, "No... we left you on the sofa. You were there when we got up this morning though so we figured you had gone to bed..."

That was NOT what I wanted to hear. That was the exact opposite of what I wanted her to say to me! I was NOT happy with her response at all... because it could mean only one thing...

It wasn't a dream.

I got hysterical and babbled to both of my parents about the monsters in the living room. I told them what had happened... shaking and on the verge of crying.

My father finally looked over at me from his newspaper. He forcefully told me to stop it. He said, "You had a bad dream. Forget about it. There is no reason to get excited over a bad dream. Stop it!"

I argued with him. I said, "No! It wasn't a dream!"

"STOP IT!" he said. "Go bother your sister."

I closed my mouth and sighed, defeated. I never brought it up with them again...

Thanks for reading. :)

Garuda
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Lorelei,

Thanks for joining and for sharing your story with us. You write well.

Is that the only incident you can remember?

Lee
12-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the OutPost, lorelie!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us in such clear and vivid detail.

As you may be aware, that kind of extremely close staring is commonly reported. I wonder if you may have experienced any other strange events that might not appear to be UFO related?

Doc
12-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Lorelei, thank you for sharing that story. Have you ever read about Charles Hall and the Tall Whites? Hall was in the USAF at Indian Springs, NV which other sources mention as an alternative location for extraterrestrial hardware. Indian Springs is north of Las Vegas at the bottom of the huge tract of government land that contains Area 51. I have been camping and exploring around there and it is very remote. charles Hall's story is very detailed and you may find something in it to relate to or that is similar to your memories.

lorelei
12-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Garuda: I remember some other strange incidents in my life and a few more have happened since them. I've been keeping a log on another forum about the strange experiences I have had... there are lots of them...

The thing is though, I am an active sleepwalker (have been since I can remember) and a lot of the strange nighttime occurrences I've had can be explained by sleepwalking...

I also suffer from frequent sleep paralysis. I've had it since I was 17... I usually get it once a month or every other month... last month though I had a terrible bout of it which lasted about four days. During this time I had a very vivid lucid nightmare of standing in the bathroom, then my feet floated up off of the floor and behind me, so I was hanging in mid-air facing the floor, then my whole body shot upwards toward the ceiling at a frightening speed. I woke myself up screaming again... something I have done rather often...

I've seen two UFOs in my lifetime, once when I was about 12 while riding on the school bus... it was a daytime sighting. It was a classic highly reflective silvery metallic disc hovering in the air really far away... the only reason why my attention was drawn to it was because the light from the sun was glinting off of it very brightly... the other sighting occurred the February before last. I saw a HUGE black triangle with three white lights in each corner glide over the highway in front of me and was completely silent... it was dark outside too... I wouldn't have known it was there if it wasn't for the white lights... it was following the highway North and was going about 40-50 mph...

I live in the woods in a rural area. Earlier this winter I saw a weird blue light off in the woods at 2 o'clock in the morning. Shortly after it appeared, an orange light appeared to the right of it. They stayed on for about a minute, then both abruptly disappeared at the same moment...

I've been plagued by nightmares which started when I was a teenager also. Nightmares about seeing strange lights through the windows of the house and running around in the house trying to find a place to hide... the last time I had this dream was 3 years ago, and thank goodness I've not had it again since...

Lee: Thank you for the welcome. :) Yes, I have learned (much to my shock and horror) that others have reported this staring as well. I did not know that before a couple years ago... and yet my memory still is of him getting up in my face and staring at me... more confirmation for me that it was NOT a dream and something definitely IS going on...

Doc: I have not heard of the man, but I will do some internet research on him when I have more time... thank you for the information! :)

Lots of weird happenings... lots of weird nightmares and lots of weird dreams throughout my entire life. I always would just shake my head and say to myself, "Oh I've been reading too many books..." or "Oh I've watched too many episodes of the X-Files." and all of the rationalizing one can possibly do. Trust me, I've done it.

The memory from when I was eight is the only time I consciously remember something weird happening in my house... other than one night when I was about 20 and the TV turned itself on one night and weird white symbols started scrolling across the screen. They looked like Viking runes almost. Most people who have had encounters with ETs will say it looks like hieroglyphics, but these did not. Viking style runes. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning i see these strange marks on the walls of my room and they gradually fade away as I become more awake. I've not seen them in awhile though, but for about two years there I was seeing them almost every morning when I woke up... perhaps it's my sleep disorder... perhaps it's a memory trying to come out... who knows... ~shrug~ ...but it only happens when I first wake up in the morning...

lorelei
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I posted this before:

My mother tilted her head, puzzled, and said, "No... we left you on the sofa. You were there when we got up this morning though so we figured you had gone to bed..."

I meant to type "You weren't there when we got up this morning"... lol.. that makes a lot more sense, doesn't it? :p

I was really tired and I had just woken up when I posted it. I also type very fast, about 100 wpm so I made a lot of errors on that first post. Please forgive me. :)

norenrad
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Hello Lorelei, (I love that name)

My curiosity peaked when you mentioned that you suffer from sleep paralysis. When you mentioned that, I started making a connection from what I was reading in your posts to the symptoms of sleep paralysis.

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

"In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the “Hag Phenomena” and has been happening to people over the centuries."

Have you considered the possibility that this could be a symptom that may be affecting you?

Doc
12-19-2011, 01:50 AM
In the old UFO documentaries they always dragged out that professor from Kentucky who talked about hypnogogic and hypnopompic sleep paralysis as an explanation for abduction experiences. It was pretty close to debunking in my opinion since he left no room for exceptions in the quotes I saw. However, those are the most extreme cases and there are a lot of variations in the symptoms people actually experience.

newyorklily
12-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi lorelei. Welcome to the Outpost and thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you came to join us here.

I was wondering if you have ever drawn the symbols (runes) you see whn you wake up. Could you post them here? I would love to see what they look like.

mdonnall2002
12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Hi lorelei. Welcome to the Outpost and thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you came to join us here.

I was wondering if you have ever drawn the symbols (runes) you see when you wake up. Could you post them here? I would love to see what they look like.

I concur With NYLilly. Runes would be of great interest....

lorelei
12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Hello Lorelei, (I love that name)

My curiosity peaked when you mentioned that you suffer from sleep paralysis. When you mentioned that, I started making a connection from what I was reading in your posts to the symptoms of sleep paralysis.

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

"In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the “Hag Phenomena” and has been happening to people over the centuries."

Have you considered the possibility that this could be a symptom that may be affecting you?

That's a very good question. I've asked myself this question before as well.

You see, I've had this problem since I was about 17 years old, and I remember having heard about this sleep disorder from a television documentary about alien abductions. I always believed it to be a sleep disturbance and accepted it as a vivid nightmare. I would have it often, and would usually be relieved when I would awaken from such a state.

The main thing that bothers me about the sleep paralysis is the fact that I have it so often! Usually sleep paralysis is a once in a lifetime occurrence from what I have read. I did a lot of research into it last year and discovered, much to my shock, that the only people who suffer from frequent sleep paralysis are people who suffer from narcolepsy. I am not a narcoleptic. Isn't that interesting? I'm sure I would have known if I did have narcolepsy. I never fell asleep in school as a child. I never fell asleep at the wheel. I have never had this problem... therefore I do not have this condition. Literally every article I have read states this as a fact. If someone suffers from frequent and persistent sleep paralysis, they need to be evaluated for narcolepsy. Period.

I have suffered from it for about once a month (sometimes twice a month, sometimes every other month...) ever since I was 17 years old. I will be 27 next month. That is ten straight years of this problem... at least 12 times a year... usually more often than that. This is the main reason why I feel there is something else going on with me.

As for the incident which occurred when I was 8 years old, I did not have sleep paralysis back then. It did not begin until my late teens, and I am 99% certain I was awake and it was not a nightmare as my father proclaimed. The fact that I was also moved from one room to another bothered me... it bothered me more than the other details... of course, irritatingly enough a skeptic would say sleep walking would explain moving from one room to another without remembering it. This is what my father believed. I have to admit it is possible, but I do not want to agree with it. Call me stubborn, but I know what I saw, and I remember the emotions and thoughts vividly... although I do not remember the features of the entities' faces vividly...

Believe me, I have gone through all the possibilities in trying to figure this out. The main question I have been asking myself lately is if it is just bad dreams and nightmares, why am I having the same nightmare as so many others all around the world? Why did the entities I saw exhibit the same behavior as the behavior reported by many many others?

Well, a skeptic would argue that I had seen it somewhere on the television. This is incorrect. My family lived in a very rural area and we only had two television stations... the local news station which also played old sitcoms at night, and PBS which played Saturday Morning Cartoons which I thoroughly enjoyed of course. ;)

My parents screened everything I watched very carefully. I did not become aware of the alien abduction phenomenon until I was 12 years old. I remember that because that year we finally got our first satellite dish, an old Echo Star. It was very exciting... all those television channels to choose from... some Russian stations... German stations... Canadian stations... lots of stuff to watch... and... of course Cartoon Network... ;)

It was an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. I remember seeing it for the first time. It made me extremely anxious and I was asking my parents what "Semen" was. They told me it was another word for "pee". I suppose I would have said the same thing to a 12 year old girl... I was 12 years old and it was a very upsetting program for sure, but I did not make the connection between the aliens on that program to the ones I saw when I was 8... not until later...

-----
Newyorklilly, thank you for the welcome. I also read your experiences and found them to be fascinating. I will try to read the rest of them when I have more time.

Back when I was in high school, I used to play around with trancing and psychic things. I played Oiuja with my sister a few times, and tried to do some automatic writing because I had read about it. I drew the same symbols whenever I attempted this and I actually do have an image of some of the symbols I have subconsciously drawn. I couldn't tell you if they are identical to the ones I've seen on my walls... and on the television that one night... but they are very close to them... they do not look like any of the other "alien" symbols drawn by other experiencers though, so I have no idea what their origin is. It's a completely different thing...

Take notice of the symbols on the very top line. Those are very similar to the ones I have seen... not so sure about the rest of this page...

mdonnall2002
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks Lorelei. It's always nice to see visuals of peoples perceptions of this enigma.... Maybe when you have time you could explain how, (from start to finish) an episode of Sleep Paralysis progresses for you. I've heard others explain their personal experiences with it, but I'd also like or hear yours. No rush....

lorelei
12-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I've been keeping an online diary of my sleep paralysis episodes. Here is one very interesting episode I had when I woke up with marks on my arm... marks which were obviously caused by my own hand...

I copy pasted. :)

This story I am about to tell you all is what sleep paralysis does to you.

OK... I know this looks corny and some people will think I did this to myself on purpose, but I didn't.

I woke up early this morning, about 9 am. I'm used to working the late late shift so I'm still trying to get back to a normal sleep schedule. I was very very sleepy. I had a cup of coffee and was still very very sleepy. I decided I was going to go back to sleep for a little while.

I laid down on my left side facing the wall, closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep.

As I laid there, I was fantasizing about Harrison Ford... lol... yea I know... shush... I dreamed I was lying next to him and going to sleep and imagining his bare chest and all of that hehehehehehe... nothing dirty just... a comfort fantasy more than anything else.

Anyway, I was gradually lulling myself to sleep... all warm and comfy.

All of a sudden, I heard thumping noises around in my room... like someone was thumping around behind me. I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder. There was nothing there. Weird. I rolled back over to face the wall and lulled myself into calm relaxation once again.

Mind you, this is happening at about 10:00 in the morning. I know for a fact that aliens would not be harassing me at 10:00 in the morning when my parents are up and moving around the house. I know this. This had to have been my sleep disorder at work. Must have been.

I heard a high pitched whining sound as I was trying to go back to sleep again. It was pulsating rhythmically. About every three and a half seconds. I was awake enough to time them. Three and a half seconds of silence. WEEEEEEEEK! Three and a half seconds of silence. WEEEEEEEEK. Just like that. It was in my left ear, the ear that was down on my pillow. It was pulsing.

I heard thumping noises behind me again. I moved to look over my shoulder a second time and...

...realized I was in sleep paralysis. Great. ~rolls eyes~

I was on my SIDE!!! My SIDE for God's sake!! Not on my back!! ~angry face~

I tried to shake myself out of it, to will myself out of it. I eventually did and woke up, looked around groggily, then tried to go back to sleep on my side again...

And soon heard those high pitched pulsing whining noises in my left ear again. And soon found myself in sleep paralysis... again.

ARGGH! Can't I just take a nap in peace?!?!

I woke up again, irritated. I then remembered the thread where we were discussing OBEs and astral travel and about how some people thought that sleep paralysis was, in fact, an attempt at astral traveling.

Hmmm... I thought to myself.

I tried to go back to sleep again... and found myself hearing those pulsing tones again.

I spoke into the darkness, "I want to go see X." lol... I didn't know where else I wanted to go.

I was suddenly flooded with images. One of the images was a piece of paper with a capital red letter A at the top of it. I don't remember the other images. Weirdness.

I didn't go anywhere as far as I know, I was just seeing flashes of images.

I woke up finally, decided aw to heck with this, feeling somewhat more rested at least, and got up and went to get on my computer to catch up on my facebooking and to put in my online application for the other store. My right arm was all tingly. It was asleep. I wiggled my fingers and shook it around to get the circulation going back to it.

I opened up my iTunes, slipped on my headphones and started to play some music when I looked down at my right arm and saw something really weird.

This:

Red finger marks. The finger marks match up the fingers of my left hand perfectly. Apparently I was gripping my right arm with my left hand so hard I left some marks on it. This also explains why my right arm was asleep when I got up... ~sigh~

Ahhh sleep paralysis is fun, isn't it? ~rolls eyes~

I also had a lucid dream recently. I get those a lot too. A lucid dream is similar to sleep paralysis in the fact that it feels like it is really happening... the only difference is you are able to move around during an episode. The most recent one was pretty scary. I drew this cartoon to describe it better:

I had a terrible bout of sleep paralysis for a period of about four days recently. It was very upsetting. Amid the sleep paralysis and other frightening lucid dreams I had this one:

I was standing in the bathroom in front of the door leading to my bedroom in my nightgown, barefooted. I was just standing there, confused. Very confused. All of a sudden, my feet slipped out from under me and went behind me. This shocked me terribly. I found myself floating in mid-air with my feet behind me, then I shot straight up at a very high rate of speed. It felt extremely vivid, and I woke myself up screaming.

lorelei
12-20-2011, 05:43 AM
I've had all kinds of strange sleep paralysis "hallucinations". One time, I was lying on my back and a man came into my room through the door. I heard his footsteps on the floor and he came in and laid down on top of me. I was lying there freaking out on the inside. He was an African American man with short curly yellow dyed hair and he was wearing a wife-beater T-shirt and blue jeans. He didn't do anything to hurt me, he just laid down on top of me, face down. I was freaking out and telling myself, "It's only a dream... it's only a dream... OMG... it's only a dream..."

All of a sudden, his body melted into this strange silver colored liquid and the liquid absorbed itself into my body. Some of it even went into my mouth. It had no taste, but I could feel the texture. It was cool and gel-like. It was really really weird... I woke up shortly afterwards shaking.

Auditory Hallucinations:

I've had lots of "auditory hallucinations" during sleep paralysis. I've heard footsteps, I've heard male voices and female voices speaking to me, shouting at me, and sometimes arguing with one another in indecipherable languages. I've heard words spoken to me in German (I speak German a little bit) and I've heard people speaking to me in English as well, but I usually cannot understand what the voices are saying when I am in this state... almost always it is incoherent. I've also heard the voices of small children laughing and playing on occasion. I've heard chipmunk type voices giggling. I've heard strange pulsing noises, sometimes they are very high pitched sounding, other times they are very low and deep sounding. I've heard the television on when it is not... stuff like that... I even heard classical organ music once... lol...

Visual hallucinations:

I've had some visual hallucinations, but most of my sleep paralysis episodes happen while my eyes are closed. I will also once again mention the man who came into my room and laid down on top of me. I saw his skin color, his hair color, and noted the style of clothing he was wearing. The T-shirt was white, and the blue jeans were a dark color, probably black. I can't really think of any other times I've actually seen something that wasn't supposed to be there... oh no wait I can. One time I woke up in sleep paralysis and saw a window where it shouldn't have been.

Tactile Hallucinations:

Often people who have sleep paralysis will describe a "crushing weight" on them and they often report it is very difficult to breathe. To be honest, I have NEVER experienced that to my recollection. Yes, the one dream about the man who laid down on top of me was frightening, but he was not really that heavy and did not restrict my breathing any. I could feel his skin against the skin of my arms and it was cold and clammy... but that was about all...

I often wake up in sleep paralysis with my eyes closed and I can't open them for the life of me and I feel hands groping at my body... usually my torso... sometimes at my wrists and recently I felt fingers wrap around the ankle of my right foot and press one of my toes down towards the ball of my foot. This is the most typical sleep paralysis episode I have... either that or I wake up paralyzed and don't feel or see anything... usually my eyes are closed and I feel hands on my body doing various things...

Other sensations:

One time I had a very frightening episode where I could not open my eyes but I sensed there were other people in the room. I couldn't see them, I couldn't hear them, and I couldn't feel them, but I knew they were there... I tried to move my arm... usually I do this when I realize I'm in this condition because most of the time I am eventually able to move slightly and I will snap out of it and wake myself up. This time, it didn't work though. I think it was about three years ago when it happened. I managed to move my right arm about an inch. I didn't wake up. This irritated me greatly, so I decided to try to move my right leg. I tried and tried and tried, and finally my left leg moved over about an inch as well. I did not snap myself out of it. I tried to open my eyes... then all of a sudden I had this terrible sensation of falling downwards (through the mattress) at a frightening speed... and I feared I was going to die. The first thought that popped into my head was "DEMONS!!!" and I started screaming for a friend of mine who is a psychic to save me... then I finally woke up with a jolt.

I watched a youtube video of a famous abductee named Jim Sparks and he described this sensation once perfectly well... he described it so well it scared me. He referred to this as being taken "the hard way". It really bothered me when I heard him say that... lots of "what ifs" floating around in my head after that...

Doc
12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Thank you for telling us about your experiences and for being so detailed about it all.
I'm wondering about two things:

Have you had any unusual experiences or sensations while awake and/or out of bed that you thought were at all similar?

Does anyone else in your family have sleep paralysis any neurological condition or other experiences that you think are similar to your own or otherwise significant?

Thanks!

A99
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello lorelei! I'm reading over your thread now and just want to say that I'm finding your experiences absolutely fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

lorelei
12-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks A99. :) I'm more than happy to share with all of you. I, like all of you, want to know what's really going on, and if sharing my experiences can help anyone... then I will do it.

Thank you for telling us about your experiences and for being so detailed about it all.
I'm wondering about two things:

Have you had any unusual experiences or sensations while awake and/or out of bed that you thought were at all similar?

Does anyone else in your family have sleep paralysis any neurological condition or other experiences that you think are similar to your own or otherwise significant?

Thanks!

Doc, thanks for reading what I posted. I have had some strange experiences while awake and out of bed too, like the one night when the TV turned itself on and strange symbols appeared on it. I also had another one when I felt compelled to go out for a walk in the middle of the night (bright full moon) because a thought in my mind (not a voice) told me I needed to do it to combat my terrible fear of the dark. I resisted it at first with a flat out "No!" but after a few minutes I found myself putting on my boots muttering to myself, then threw on my coat and trudged out into the snowy wilderness that is my neighborhood. (I live in Alaska). I was followed that night for about two miles by a very strange behaving dog. I was about 19/20 when this happened I guess...

He was some sort of a husky mix. I heard a jingling behind me after I had walked about 30 feet from my driveway and turned and looked at the source of the sound. He was standing in the middle of the road behind me, bathed in the moonlight staring at me. He sat down on his butt and continued to stare at me. He did not growl, he did not bark, he did not make any noise at all. He just stared at me quietly. I called to him, and he just continued to stare at me. I squatted down in the snow and held my hand out to him, still calling for him to come. He did not move at all. I have NEVER seen a dog behave like that before... EVER. Usually dogs like me and will come when I call them... even if I haven't seen them before. I'm an animal person. I stood back up and walked slowly towards him. He jumped up to his feet and backed away from me, keeping the same distance between us. I stopped, and he stopped, then sat down on his butt again.

I noticed he had this really big thick chain hanging from his neck. I couldn't believe a dog that size had been able to break a chain like that. It wasn't rusty or anything... it was just broken off at the end and the end of the chain was dragging on the snow along with him. That was what was making the jingling sound I had heard.

I decided I was going to continue walking, so I turned back around and continued to walk, hearing him jingling behind me. I walked about a quarter of a mile, stopping every so often and checking to see he was still there and he was. He would sit and stare at me each time I stopped of course. At the intersection of two roads I found myself staring up at the sky and thinking, "There's something up there... you just can't see it..."

I rolled my eyes at how absurd that was, and turned right onto the other road and continued walking, my companion still audibly jingling behind me.

I got to the top of the hill, and turned right again onto the main road. The dog was still behind me. I followed the road for about a half a mile, then turned right onto the other side road. Jingle jingle was still following me... lol...

I found myself standing in the middle of the road and staring up at the sky again. I was thinking, "There IS something up there... I know it is... and if I stand here long enough I'm going to see it..." I was staring at the sky for about a minute, then all of a sudden the next thing I knew I was running as fast as I could down the road in hysterics. I ran about 100 feet, absolutely terrified out of my mind and saw a shadowy figure standing at the end of a familiar driveway. I saw the glow of a cigarette in the darkness where the figure's mouth was and a smaller shadow on four legs down at its right side. I ran towards it, gasping for breath and stopped in front of the familiar figure... one of my neighbors whose son I had gone to school with.

He looked at me in shock, said, "Lorelei! What are YOU doing out here at this time of night??"

I was sobbing and gasping uncontrollably at this point and babbled at him, probably incoherently about something weird in the sky and the dog who was following me... and I turned to point and the dog was gone.

~sigh~

He put his hands on my shoulders and told me to calm down. He said he was going to walk me back home. I shook my head defiantly. "No! I'm OK... I'm OK..."

He insisted on walking me back home. I once again, refused his request. He offered to have me take his dog with me and told me his dog would be able to find his way home because he always did before. I also refused that offer, insisting to both him and myself that I was OK... I was OK...

After I had calmed down somewhat, I told him I was going to head home, and I took the shortcut through the woods. It was a snowmachine trail a lot of the kids used... we call snowmobiles snowmachines up here so yea... I followed the tracks and came out of the wood a few feet from my house. As soon as I was back up on the road I ran towards the driveway, I ran down the driveway, flew in through the front door and locked it behind me.

I didn't notice if I had had any missing time or not, I didn't feel the need to look at the clock. I calmed myself down and went back to bed. It was a very odd thing indeed...

What had scared me into hysterics? There was NOTHING in the sky at all... nothing. Was it my imagination? I figured it had been only that. It was all in my head.

I've seen lots of strange lights off in the woods, I've seen a couple UFOs... but that's about all I recall from when I was awake...

Oh, I do remember another one. I woke up in bed and saw the door partially open about three inches and saw a tall thin figure standing in the crack of the door. It looked like one of the grays I had seen in my living room when I was eight but I wasn't really sure because the figure was hard to see. The figure raised up its hand and waved at me playfully. I was probably about 23 when this happened...

"...Daaaaaaaaaddd?!?!?!?!" I shrieked... trying to reassure myself that it was him...

I jumped up out of bed and ran towards the door with my hands out in front of me (didn't have my glasses on of course so I couldn't see very well to begin with...)

I approached the door and it was still slightly open. I reached out to grab it with my hands... then all of a sudden it was closed. I slammed my palms against it in shock. It was closed?! What?? I took a few seconds to calm myself down, then flung the door open. Nobody there... ~sigh~

norenrad
12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
This might be a little off topic, but your post reminded me of that 4th Kind movie about Nome, Alaska. I gotta tell you, that movie spooked me. I hear rumors that it wasn't really true to the facts, though.

You are right, animals do behave in a certain manner and that dog was definitely acting in a strange way. I used to walk around at night in the woods, but something about doing that in Alaska sounds scary to me.

lorelei
12-21-2011, 12:08 AM
This might be a little off topic, but your post reminded me of that 4th Kind movie about Nome, Alaska. I gotta tell you, that movie spooked me. I hear rumors that it wasn't really true to the facts, though.

You are right, animals do behave in a certain manner and that dog was definitely acting in a strange way. I used to walk around at night in the woods, but something about doing that in Alaska sounds scary to me.

It can be scary... especially at night. My area is not so bad. We have had bears up in this area before but I have never seen one. I've seen black and red foxes (they usually avoid people they're shy and jumpy critters... but if you corner one or get around a female's babies you'll get attacked...) I've seen lots of moose too, usually cows with babies, I've only seen two bulls in my life. The bulls tend to be very skittish and are a lot smaller than the cows and will run if they see a person normally... a cow will stand there chewing her cud and glare at you like, "What, you wanna piece of this? Hmm??" kinda the opposite of humans for sure... lol...

I've seen caribou herds running along the side of the highway. I've seen snowshoe hares... porcupines... and on rare occasion wolves. There are a few stray dogs and cats roaming around the area... but they're usually not dangerous. They tend to avoid people for the most part... some people, like the neighbor I told you about, let their dogs roam around in the woods and they eventually find their way home.

I've never seen a wolverine, thank goodness. Those are mean little critters... just mean. They go around looking for a fight all the time and randomly attack people and other animals just for the fun of it. My dad saw one once, but it wasn't in this area... he said he opened the door of his motor home (they were camping) and it was sitting outside the door glaring at him, growling menacingly. Dad had a pistol in his hand and looked at it and thought, "If I shoot him I'm just gonna tick him off..." so he quietly closed the door and waited for it to leave the area... lol... that's the best thing to do with those little devils. I've never seen a lynx either... those are white wild cats. Those can be dangerous as well, but there haven't been any in my are that I've seen or heard about anyway... ~shrug~

Nome Alaska is way up North. From what I've heard (I used to have an internet friend in Nome) they don't have any trees or mountains up there, just flat rolling hills and bushes on occasion. Apparently from what I've heard about the movie you talked about, The Fourth Kind, there were trees and mountains in "Nome"... :p

Nome is a sparsely populated area way up North. Most of you I'm sure are familiar of the story of Balto and the Serum Run up there, Disney made a cartoon movie about it... about the outbreak of Diptheria or however you spell it and they had to bring medicine up there by dog sled back in those days because there weren't (and still aren't) any roads going up to that area. The dog mushers moved the medicine in teams, like the pony express. When one team would reach the next check point, they would stop, give the medicine to the next team and they would take off. They did this many times through the pure unadulterated wilderness for hundreds of miles until the medicine made it to Nome. Balto was the name of the lead sled dog of the team that finally made it to Nome and saved them from certain death and long suffering. The Iditarod dog sled race commemorates this brave Serum Run every year in Alaska. The race starts in Anchorage and goes all the way up to Nome in the dead of winter. It is not a sport for the faint of heart or wussies by any means.

I live just south of the Arctic Circle in Interior Alaska. There are not a lot of alien abduction reports (not any from what I've heard but I dunno...), but there have been a few UFO sightings, one of them by military personnel at a major Air Force Base up here... I think it was Eielson AFB... about an hour away from where I live.

Alaska is the biggest state of the Union, and has the lowest population. You do the math... ;)

But yea... not too many folks up here.

A lot of people really do go missing from Nome... and all over Northern Alaska in general (we call that area "The North Slope" or "The Bush"). The reason why so many people go missing is because of people getting drunk and going out into the wilderness and never making it home again... they usually freeze to death... get in a car accident... get eaten by bears or wolves... or they fall into rivers or lakes with thinning ice on top or whatever. They are often never seen or heard from again. This movie decides to make a myth about aliens taking people when that is not the true cause of the disappearances. I haven't seen the movie, and I do not intend to see it either because I've heard it wasn't very good.

It's very easy to get lost and never found again in an area that is very sparsely populated... and unfortunately is not very uncommon...

Zaradia
12-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Thank you so much for this thread.
This is very interesting, because something similar happened to me at age 5.
You are fortunate that you remember so many details.

Doc
12-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Welcome, Zaradia! I glad you found a topic you like.

lorelei
12-25-2011, 04:10 AM
Zaradia, I'd like to read about your experience too, if you're willing to share it that is. :)

nibs
01-05-2012, 03:57 AM
lorelei- i read this thread as it developed but then the holidays came in like a tidal wave, so forgive me if this was addressed previously. Does the word "Sulfur" mean anything to you in regards to your experiences?

lorelei
01-05-2012, 06:53 AM
lorelei- i read this thread as it developed but then the holidays came in like a tidal wave, so forgive me if this was addressed previously. Does the word "Sulfur" mean anything to you in regards to your experiences?

It's fine. The holidays can be very stressful. :) No need to ask for forgiveness. :)

I can't say that "sulfur" means anything to me in regards to my experiences. I know a lot of people have reported smelling sulfur during their experiences, but I do not recall any such scent... it does seem however that I am blocking a lot of them out. Who knows what lurks deep within my subconscious mind...

lorelei
02-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm back after awhile. Lots of interesting threads posted on here since my last visit.

I just thought I'd stop by again and fill you in on a couple things that have happened to me during the last 3 days.

It seems I am continuing to have odd experiences again... either that or it is a product of my own imagination, which is entirely possible. :)

Two nights ago, I was sitting in the living room at about 9:30 pm Alaska time watching videos on youtube when I saw a bright white light blink on off on the woods towards my neighbor's house. I thought, wow that's weird... it was in the wrong place to be their porch light and was too bright and too white colored to be one of their vehicles. I reached for my cell phone camera to take a photo, but as soon as I had grabbed my phone, the light blinked out.

Darkness.

~sigh~

So I continued to look out that window, waiting to see if something else happened with my cell phone at the ready. Nothing. I closed the phone up and set it down.

As soon as I set the phone down, the light blinked on again and began flashing/strobing rapidly and grew to be TWICE as bright as it had been before. It flashed for a good four seconds, by the time I had opened up my cell phone again it vanished once more and did not come back on. :(

It was rather strange for sure.

Last night, I went to bed early and woke up full of energy and excited for some reason. I felt like it was 7 am and I was ready to get up and start doing my chores around the house. I got a new toy yesterday you see, a new vacuum cleaner and I get excited over silly stuff like that :p.

I got out of bed and wandered down the hall in my pajamas and saw that it was actually only 2 am. ~sigh~

So, I got myself a cup of coffee and played on the internet for a few hours. Before I knew it it was 5 am and my father had gotten up for his coffee. I went back to bed and soon found myself in sleep paralysis again.

This is the first episode I've had in about 3 months I think, I had a great little break form it for awhile, but here we go again.

I spent all morning between 5 am and 8 am when I finally woke up for good drifting in and out of consciousness every ten minutes or so and experiencing sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, a couple of normal nightmares interrupted by what some might call "flashbacks" of possible abduction scenarios. I haven't had these "flashbacks" in several months but they seem to have started up again for me... :(

I don't remember all of the details of the sleep paralysis, I just vaguely recall it and that was the episode that triggered all of the other episodes... I "woke up" and couldn't move again, struggled to move as I always do in an attempt to snap myself out of it, and then I finally woke up. Tried to go back to sleep on my back again (stoopid, I should know better than that after about 10 years of dealing with the "Old Hag"... sleeping on one's back is a dumb thing to do because it makes it far more likely to have sleep paralysis, even though I have had it on my side before too...) and found myself in this predicament once more.

I don't remember any vivid hallucinations from the first two episodes of sleep paralysis. No voices, no hands touching me, no weird noises, couldn't open my eyes. It wasn't that scary which is a good thing. I did however hear my electric fan pulsing as I was drifting off to sleep prior to each episode, which is a normal thing. The second time, I just knew it would happen again because I heard the fan pulsing but I was too sleepy and lazy to roll over... :p

Now, I admit I don't remember the exact order of these things, but this is what I remember. Bits and pieces.

I had a "flashback". I was standing in the front doorway to my family home looking out into the dark woods which surround the house. There was a bright circle of light that was very large off to my right and up, but I could not see the source of this light because the awning of the house was blocking my view of it. I was just standing there in the open doorway, frozen in horror. My vantage point was that of a shorter person. I was probably around 14 maybe... not really sure. Just a wild guess really... the door frame was a lot bigger than it normally is now you see so yea...

I was looking at this bright circle of light as it illuminated part of the trees in the darkness, almost like a spotlight... then the whole woods lit up like it was daytime! I was absolutely horrified, then the "flashback" vanished and I woke up again.

Taking a deep breath, I rolled over to my other side and tried to go back to sleep again.

I then had a nightmare about a giant black hornet which flew into my old childhood bedroom through the door to the hallway, the bedroom I slept in until I came back from college. It was when I was at least 18 years old because the walls had already been painted purple (they were a pale blue-green until I was 18...) and my sister wasn't there so she had already eloped (which she did when I was about 17) when this dream took place I suppose... ~shrug~ I was lying in my old twin sized bed watching this HUGE hornet buzzing around the room. He flew over to my sister's side of the room and got caught in a spiderweb in the corner on the ceiling. He struggled, I could see his legs squirming to get free because he was so large even though he was far away from me and he got loose and shot off like a bullet towards my bed. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I went back to sleep again, and had a lucid dream but I don't remember any details of it...

This "flashback" is the most disturbing one I had this morning... I opened my eyes and saw I was lying down on my right side and I saw the edge of a shiny metal looking table (gag... how many abductees remember the infamous metal table?? I've never had any flashes or flashbacks of a metal table before this one... ever!) I saw the edge of the table. In front of me was a wall covered in white cabinets with what looked like wood tripped edges, almost like kitchen cabinets. They were all closed. I was woozy and disoriented and looking at the cabinets half consciously, not really registering what I was looking at... nothing more than a vague sense of consciousness... then I noticed something that had probably been there for quite some time that I had not registered in my mind. It was like it had just appeared right in front of my face without my noticing at first... but I knew it had already been there... just was not aware of it before when it registered if that makes any sense... it was the face of one of my teddy bears I keep in my bedroom. It's a pale blonde color with little beady black eyes... it was staring right at me, completely motionless. I couldn't see its neck, it's like it was just tall enough for its chin to be resting comfortably on top of the metal table... but it wasn't. I could just see the face from the chin up... I was absolutely horrified at the face of an inanimate man-made soft object which brings me comfort... how absurd!

I woke up again in a cold sweat... and that's all I really remember other than a dream where I went into my parents bedroom and got in bed with them...

Doc
02-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Those are some very interesting experiences you had, Lorelei. I have never had anything noteworthy like that happen to me but I have had times when I drifted in and out of sleep and felt like I could not move. Not actually sleep paralysis, I don't think. There have been other times when I could not be sure if something was a dream or something was real. Most of the time I can tell the difference but once in a while... Sometimes I know I am confusing two memories while I am dozing and I can sort that out when I fully wake up. Have you ever had a real life experience that might account for the metal table flashback? A hospital or doctor's examining room? I had flashbacks of a post surgery stitch removal that hurt so bad I might have bent the table. Over the years that memory got confused with other real events. Is there any resemblance in what I have had happen to what you experience?r

lorelei
02-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Well Doc, I've had some surgeries before in the past, but I don't ever remember a metal table incident. I remember cushioned hospital gurneys and those cushioned tables with paper on them in exam rooms... but never a metal table per say... I have seen them before in the vet's office though when I used to take my dog in for a checkup every now and then... that's the only time I've ever seen a metal table in a doctor's office type setting... I have worked in several restaurants before as a prep cook too and a lot of industrial kitchens have metal food prep tables... who knows where this came from.

The subconscious mind can conjure up some interesting things at times.

I'm not sure what to make of these "dreams" or "flashes" I had last night to be honest. It could be anything... could be I was reading abduction stories before I went to bed again... could have been caused by almost anything. I just don't know. ~shrug~

Doc
02-05-2012, 05:08 AM
The bright light experience, though, was a waking experience, right? If that happened to me I would be more confident in that than in things that happened when I was trying to sleep and might be dreaming.

Please don't think I'm disputing your experiences, I am interested and trying to get a clear understanding of what you are writing. Thanks.

lorelei
02-05-2012, 06:00 AM
The bright light experience, though, was a waking experience, right? If that happened to me I would be more confident in that than in things that happened when I was trying to sleep and might be dreaming.

Please don't think I'm disputing your experiences, I am interested and trying to get a clear understanding of what you are writing. Thanks.

I don't think you are disputing my experiences any more than I already dispute them with myself Doc. I know I've had a hand full of experiences which I remember which could not have been dreams... but the vast majority of them could have been dreams... I really don't know for sure to be honest.

Apparently some people on "some other forum" were talking about my posts on another forum and making fun of me and saying I was one of a few "Hard Core Abductees" which simply is not true. I'm not really sure what that person meant by "Hard Core Abductee" to be honest... perhaps it's because I believe that at least 10 of my experiences which I recall I am certain were not "dreams" and I suppose that makes me "Hard Core" in his/her mind for some reason.

I mean yea, I'm skeptical of a lot of stories (not all of them) people post on the internet, and I'm somewhat skeptical of my own as well sometimes... it just seems that I have far much more in common with other "abductees" than I am comfortable with, and this has been making me wonder about it a lot recently...

Like I said, the human subconscious mind is capable of a lot of interesting things when it lies in a sleep state... or in a semi-sleep state too... but I'm just not really sure this is all that has been going on in my head... ya know what I mean? I mean yea skeptics will say yes this is all just my sleep problems, yes it's just nightmares, yes it's just misidentifying a light off in the woods... but what if it isn't? What if it's not my imagination?

It's a very perplexing thing for sure.

If you doubt me and my experiences, that's entirely up to you, as long as you are polite about it, it doesn't bother me in the least. :)

And yes, the light I saw off in the woods happened while I was awake. I was not asleep when I saw it. It was there. The question is, what was it? It could not have been a car that's for sure, and it could not have been a flashlight...

Doc
02-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Lorelei: The kind of things they say on other forums is one of the reasons we exist. It is far too easy and very much intellectually lazy to dismiss someone else's reality out of hand. We aren't letting that happen here. But, back to the eperiences...

So far, other than the experiences you and I have had are of different topics, the only other variable I see so far is that I could be convinced that anything odd that I ever experience while trying to sleep was a dream. My dreams are often vivid and realistic but I usually don't see them as anything but dreams. The few things I have experienced that may not have been dreams seem more real but I can't swear they aren't dreams. I don't mind that. I hope you find some answers that work for you as well.

norenrad
02-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello Lorelei,

For some reason, while reading your posts, I remembered something about my sister, I was about seven so she would have been five. We lived in Hammond Indiana when I remember my parents being concerned about my sister, because she would talk to herself when she was alone in her room and when she was asked who she was talking to, she would say that she was talking to a tall dark man with a hat. This must have gone on for quite a while because my parents actually took to see a doctor about this visitor. I vaguely remember asking her about it and I seem to remember that she also mentioned smaller "friends" that would sometimes accompany the tall dark man. She told me that the smaller ones were just a little taller than her bed and that they would play with her. I don't remember how long this went on, but we lived there for five and a half years. Although, I do remember a few times when she cried out at night and my parents would run to her room.

It's strange, because I haven't thought about any of that since I was very young.

newyorklily
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Two nights ago, I was sitting in the living room at about 9:30 pm Alaska time watching videos on youtube when I saw a bright white light blink on off on the woods towards my neighbor's house. I thought, wow that's weird... it was in the wrong place to be their porch light and was too bright and too white colored to be one of their vehicles. I reached for my cell phone camera to take a photo, but as soon as I had grabbed my phone, the light blinked out.

Hi lorelei. I was wondering if you checked the internet for any sightings of white lights in your area for the time you had your sighting. MUFON does get reports from Alaska, Peter Davenport of NUFORC probably does as well. Brian Vike in Canada also has a new website up for reports and news. Even your local police might have heard something unusual for that night.

newyorklily
02-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Hello Lorelei,

For some reason, while reading your posts, I remembered something about my sister, I was about seven so she would have been five. We lived in Hammond Indiana when I remember my parents being concerned about my sister, because she would talk to herself when she was alone in her room and when she was asked who she was talking to, she would say that she was talking to a tall dark man with a hat. This must have gone on for quite a while because my parents actually took to see a doctor about this visitor. I vaguely remember asking her about it and I seem to remember that she also mentioned smaller "friends" that would sometimes accompany the tall dark man. She told me that the smaller ones were just a little taller than her bed and that they would play with her. I don't remember how long this went on, but we lived there for five and a half years. Although, I do remember a few times when she cried out at night and my parents would run to her room.

It's strange, because I haven't thought about any of that since I was very young.

That is interesting, norenrad. I would like to hear more about this and I hope you will post more in your thread. Is there any possibility you can get your sister to join us and she can post what she remembers?

lorelei
02-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks Lilly.

Yea, I checked the MUFON website for UFO sightings in Alaska between Feb 01 and today. None at all. That's usually how it is. There are not very many sightings up here... and if there are nobody reports them.

Norenrad, that's a pretty cool story. I'm glad I helped you remember it. :)

Doc, when I saw the entities in my living room my father told me it was just a dream. I am very skeptical of "dreams" because of this... because I know that that incident was NOT a dream. I felt the entity touch me. He made me hear a voice in my head, AND he moved me from one room to another. He also tried to make me "think" it was a dream by telling me, "...this will all seem like a dream!"

But yea... that's me. :)

I don't trust "dreams" because of that incident... not at all... :(

newyorklily
02-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks Lilly.

Yea, I checked the MUFON website for UFO sightings in Alaska between Feb 01 and today. None at all. That's usually how it is. There are not very many sightings up here... and if there are nobody reports them.

Norenrad, that's a pretty cool story. I'm glad I helped you remember it. :)

Doc, when I saw the entities in my living room my father told me it was just a dream. I am very skeptical of "dreams" because of this... because I know that that incident was NOT a dream. I felt the entity touch me. He made me hear a voice in my head, AND he moved me from one room to another. He also tried to make me "think" it was a dream by telling me, "...this will all seem like a dream!"

Did you go out the next day and look at the area? Were there any marks on the ground or burns on the tree branches? (Sorry if my UFO investigator side is kicking in :)).

lorelei
02-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Did you go out the next day and look at the area? Were there any marks on the ground or burns on the tree branches? (Sorry if my UFO investigator side is kicking in :)).

That's problematic for me to do Lilly. When I see a bright white light off in the darkness in the woods, I have no idea how far away it is... which tree it was beside... at what angle from my window it was with nothing to reference its location because the area was completely black. I don't live in a city with lights everywhere you see...

Doc
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

On one hand I feel lucky that I think I can tell the difference but on the other hand I know I am using denial so I don't have to worry about things I don't understand.

lorelei
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM
The night before last I saw a weird bluish-white light off in the woods again. I have seen these blue lights often- ever since I was a child. It was strobing and flashing then it went out about two seconds after I first saw it.

About 10 minutes later it started flashing again and then it moved parallel to the ground. I saw it moving through the trees and it moved so fast it seemed to be creating a blue line in its wake, then it vanished again, less then a second later it reappeared where it had been before it moved, rapidly flashing and sparkling, then vanished again.

I got my mother up out of bed and she opened the door (despite my protesting) and she said she couldn't see anything off in the trees. I looked up and saw it- up in the sky sitting there under the clouds pretending to be a star and not flashing anymore and I pointed at the blue star and my mother said, "That's just a star Lore!"

It couldn't have been just a star. It was too bright to be a star- and it was really really overcast that evening. No other stars were visible except that one anywhere else in the sky- and it was a bluish color...

Looks like they're getting active again... :(