PDA

View Full Version : New Member Invasion

Luminari
01-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Anyone else find the usernames highly suspect of our newest members?
What are the chances 10 people in a row would choose a random, nonsensical name?
Are we being infiltrated by machines? What are they planning on doing with all these accounts?
Or are people really that obscure these days, that indescipherable randomness is the norm?

Just throwing that out there to the mods for discussion. http://www.langkawi.dk/smileys/m8.gif

Newest Members

1 Adhekweewgade 18-01
2 Horilliarce 18-01
3 GrearoAffet 18-01
4 veplyTaully 18-01
5 SeflyCelt 18-01
6 Timur Grieneras 18-01
7 Mankurina 18-01
8 Omifiavof 18-01
9 AliseeZece 18-01
10 ninareack 18-01

Musado
01-19-2012, 08:42 AM
They're spambots ;)

Although they show on the member list they can't access the forum as they never reply to the confirmation email, so, don't gain access. We delete the spambot accounts regularly :yes:

lux aurea in obscuro
01-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Good afternoon Luminari,

An interesting notion you have for sure, just for a second I was thinking to myself no it can't be me again can it? Not that I am a bot or a machine, no I perform better than that 100% satisfaction with every erection :das to clarify erection being I have just pitched up here lol

I however suffer constantly having 'unacceptable content' e-mails returned on a regular basis. So being also a new member I would not be happy being followed here by those nebulas draconian monitors which have a real craving for my seemingly mundane ramblings.

However you do appreciate we are all being watched from the moment we are born into the world somebody has those eyes on you for sure.

Let the games commence and may the best man, woman, entity win. Not that I find bots, machines, dis-informers and the like funny however they will roll in I feel that's part of the inevitable fun of open on-line dialogue.

Kind regards

M

Doc
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
If indeed, "we are all being watched from the moment we are born" whoever is watching me must have died out of boredom by now.

There was that one time with Paula and Carla, the twin nurses, though. :das

(Come on, we were just surfing!) :angel_not:

rdunk
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
They're spambots ;)

Although they show on the member list they can't access the forum as they never reply to the confirmation email, so, don't gain access. We delete the spambot accounts regularly :yes:
.................................................. ................................................

Just wondering - - - if they haven't replied to the confirmation email, why do they show up as "OutPost Forum members", if they do, as Luminari suggests??

Garuda
01-19-2012, 05:16 PM
.................................................. ................................................

Just wondering - - - if they haven't replied to the confirmation email, why do they show up as "OutPost Forum members", if they do, as Luminari suggests??

Unfortunately, that's how the software works... : people sign up, and then immediately appear as members, even though
a) their application has not yet been approved, and
b) they didn't respond to a possible activation mail.

They are NOT counted as members, however, until they are approved.

The list of members awaiting approval gets checked several times a day. The moment the application of a spammer gets denied, they are removed from the member list.

To put things into perspective: for every genuine member, we've got close to 3 spammers trying to sign up.

rdunk
01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, that's how the software works... : people sign up, and then immediately appear as members, even though
a) their application has not yet been approved, and
b) they didn't respond to a possible activation mail.

They are NOT counted as members, however, until they are approved.

The list of members awaiting approval gets checked several times a day. The moment the application of a spammer gets denied, they are removed from the member list.

To put things into perspective: for every genuine member, we've got close to 3 spammers trying to sign up.

Thanks Garuda. With the significant disparity between "real members" waiting, and the 3X spammers, wouldn't it be worthwhile to consider a small change to the software, so that no one gets on the "member list", until a confirmation has been made?? Yes, I know that sometimes it takes an act of congress to get a small software change made! But it seems like a lot of time is being spent in dealing with the problem highlighted here.

An alternative could be, no confirmation within a certain time "automatically gets deleted" as SOP (standard operating procedure). Just some way for you guys not to have to directly be involved with spamming membership would help make this a better place - ie give you and others more time doing what you like to do here!!

Luminari
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
They're spambots ;)

Ahhh, of course. :confused: Thanks for clarifying that. :biggrin2:

Luminari
01-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Good afternoon Luminari,

An interesting notion you have for sure, just for a second I was thinking to myself no it can't be me again can it? Not that I am a bot or a machine, no I perform better than that 100% satisfaction with every erection :das to clarify erection being I have just pitched up here lol

I however suffer constantly having 'unacceptable content' e-mails returned on a regular basis. So being also a new member I would not be happy being followed here by those nebulas draconian monitors which have a real craving for my seemingly mundane ramblings.

However you do appreciate we are all being watched from the moment we are born into the world somebody has those eyes on you for sure.

Let the games commence and may the best man, woman, entity win. Not that I find bots, machines, dis-informers and the like funny however they will roll in I feel that's part of the inevitable fun of open on-line dialogue.

Kind regards

M

I'm not quite sure what you are saying about your erectile performance, in relation to this issue. But it made me laugh.... which is a good thing! Life is far too serious. :D

What part of your emails do you think is getting deemed as 'unacceptable content' I wonder?

Universally yours,
Luminari

Chris
01-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks Garuda. With the significant disparity between "real members" waiting, and the 3X spammers, wouldn't it be worthwhile to consider a small change to the software, so that no one gets on the "member list", until a confirmation has been made?? Yes, I know that sometimes it takes an act of congress to get a small software change made! But it seems like a lot of time is being spent in dealing with the problem highlighted here.

An alternative could be, no confirmation within a certain time "automatically gets deleted" as SOP (standard operating procedure). Just some way for you guys not to have to directly be involved with spamming membership would help make this a better place - ie give you and others more time doing what you like to do here!!
Thanks for the thoughts but they really aren't too bad to go through. Even though they show on the members list they really aren't members until we confirm the application - or delete them as the case may be!

CasperParks
01-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Image the spam is relentless..