PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam - Dan Smith's Sister, Louise Passes On

Chris
02-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Many of you know Dan Smith and his musings regarding eschatology. Well, yesterday, his sister Louise died suddenly. The following is from a post Dan made at Compass Morainn:

Well, gosh, we did lose Louise, yesterday. It was almost dark when she set out from Larry's house, her neighbor. She was in good spirits, telling him about who she had seen in town. She walked up to the ridge behind his house, where she usually leaves either her four-wheeler or snowmobile for the 25 min run back down to her ranch, passing through the Forrest gate, and then through her gate. She calls Ben before she leaves, and she calls Larry, when she gets home. She didn't call. Ben, Larry, two other neighbors and the Sheriff coverged on the four-wheeler at about the same time. The motor was still running, it was snowing, and she had fallen off, into the snow bank. She would have been 72 next month. A sudden stroke, evidently. She had become frail, but she hated the thought of having to sell the ranch. If she had her choice, this might have been it. I have talked to her almost every week, since our parents died. She was very much into UFO's and contact phenomena, as I have been relating, online, since when. She will be missed.

We share in your sorrow and wish her the best possible journey into the next life.....

Garuda
02-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Dan, my condolences.

murmur
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
My deepest condolences Dan

Andy

Doc
02-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Saddened to learn of your loss, Dan. Many of us are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

newyorklily
02-02-2012, 07:24 PM
My deepest condolences, Dan. I am so sorry for your loss and you and Lousie will be in my prayers. May she rest in peace.

norenrad
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear this, we will pray for you and your family. May she be at peace.

dan
02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Chris, Garuda, Andy, Doc, Lily, Nore et al,

Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, Louise has been a big influence in my life, and even in my metaphysics. Without her, there will be a brave new world. How brave I will be, remains to be seen.

nibs
02-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes, Louise has been a big influence in my life, and even in my metaphysics. Without her, there will be a brave new world. How brave I will be, remains to be seen.

Well, I don't exactly recall but is Louise your sister from Montana? You and her ~as I seem to recall experienced the "Sophia" event in different places but at the same time. ? I could be wrong about that..

Dan you (and your family) have my deepest sympathy as well.

Be strong my brother in God! And you already know she is fine on the other side of the curtain.

dan
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Nibs,

You recall very well. The experience to which you refer, that connected me with Louise, occurred in June of 1991. The other principal 'experience', the Sophia experience, was in the winter of '76-'77.

I have blogged about both experiences on several occasions, and some of these posts are still being sequestered by ProBoards, unfortunately.

When I have a chance, I may try to do a recap.

I have much enjoyed our conversations, and thank you for your kind thoughts!

murmur
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Dan

Good to read you here.

I wish you would start up your blog here.

You shouldn't be associated with a militant nut job

A99
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
My most sincere condolences for your loss of your dear sister Louise, Dan. My goodness, I hope you are doing ok. I feel like I knew her due to all of your comments about her over the years in your threads so I will miss your updates on her -- and her thoughts on those various topics you talk about in your comments here.

But even though she’s passed over from our physical world, know that she’s still around not only in spirit but also through you because she is not only your sister, but is a very good friend too. As always, she will be around to give you strength when you need it, in ways only a sister can do and will even give you messages if you are willing to accept them when she’s ready to do that. In short, she’s going to let you know loud and clear that she’s still around Dan… just you wait and see! There is no such thing as death… only new beginnings!