PDA

View Full Version : UFO Spotted on Yuma Air Base with Google Maps

Longeyes
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981158524

Nasa apparently use this base for testing
What could it be?
Has 24 lights around a brighter light in the middle it's also in the dead centre of the runway.

Co-ords are
32.866436,-114.385992

Longeyes
03-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Apologies 11A Has already found this:

http://www.flightsforlife.org/members/airports/yuma_%28nyl%29/Laguna_AAF/laguna_aaf-3.jpg

An aerial with the something on the runway in the same position must be some kind of landing lights.

Doc
03-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Another view from Google Earth.

norenrad
03-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I have to agree with some of the comments. That second picture shows that it's a runway marker.

majicbar
04-24-2012, 12:01 PM
I have to agree with some of the comments. That second picture shows that it's a runway marker.

It is unlike any other "runway" marker that I've ever seen. The width of the "runway" is only 70 feet and substandard compared to the other taxiways at Yuma. There are 24 radial spokes and the overall width of this structure is about 60 feet, the spokes orient to the North. The white markers in the circumference are about 5 by 2.5 feet in size. The site is a receiving point for the Yuma Proving grounds and you can see many "tank races", just off to the east. The roughly 50 foot circles dotting the area appear to be concrete pads for some kind of tank, and also appear at places near the "tank races".

My best guess for this structure would be related to some kind of radio evaluation, testing the quality of tank radios from the various known locations of the concrete pads. The pattern of the radials around what seems to be a short tower at the center of the structure is similar to those used by the NSA in it's radio detection programs. There does not appear to be enough around the structure to think that it would be a radar pole device, but that might still be possible as it could be testing drones flown into the site. My money is on the site being used to evaluate tank communication.