PDA

View Full Version : "Zheel"

Flying Tiger Comics
09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
This ... whatever ... invaded my thoughts recently so I painted it and made it a character in an upcoming comicbook, a kind of bibliomantic approach to capturing it and ritualistically acting out its defeat through the medium it intruded into...

http://flyingtigercomics.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/free-issue-1-zheel-ever-changing.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0CUAXaiI-co/UGRWiwJflNI/AAAAAAAABfc/bKMyJz9wIXw/s640/Zheel.tif

norenrad
09-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Egads! It's a Mutated Alien Zombie Vampire!!!

Dragonfire
09-29-2012, 09:14 PM
What did you have to eat before you went to sleep?

CasperParks
09-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Are you off your meds, again?

:yikes:

Flying Tiger Comics
09-30-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't take meds. Some would say that is entirely the problem :)

In the dream / nightmare it was sort of like molten wax or pizza cheese, not full on bubbling but sort of drippy and flowing. The eyes are sort of like green mothman eyes. They didn't move, maybe they can't.

My wife, as would be expected, "dislikes" it. A lot. She has gently suggested happier subjects for art and writing. Such is life. :)

A99
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Flying Tiger, I understand that this painting is currently on loan to a clinical psychologist -- who has a much different interpretation of it. :rolleyes:

A99
09-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Honestly, that creature is so scary, I had to get out my crucifix and holy water just to look at it again. lol.

Flying Tiger Comics
10-01-2012, 04:36 AM
My fear is that this is the true face of some "aliens". Behind the mask lies the darkness reaching for the darkness. Or in this case, the ultimate reject from the Blue Man Group.

Not quite a smurf, is it? :)

lycaeus
03-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Nice artwork! That reminds me. I used to see a lot of faces like that every time I would go to sleep every night. Faces like that and really far-out looking monsters that are hard to describe but if I were an artist I'd have a field day. It would take a lot of effort to wipe them out of my mind and insert happy thoughts. A lot of the times I'd have to get up and distract myself with random information until I could barely hold my eyes open. What works the best is Family Guy :das

Luckily I don't get them much anymore, it's rarer. Just a bit of paranoia that something might be in the room :o. The images could be a representation of dark, twisted emotions condensed from the subconscious, an intuitive alarm or sense that a demon or alien is around or spying, a flashback, or all/some of the above.