PDA

View Full Version : A Few Synchronicities Lately

lycaeus
10-10-2012, 04:06 AM
This has happened a bunch of times, though I forget the details of a lot of them and never document these little things, but heres a few examples from the past week that stick out and make me scratch my head. I seem to unconsciously predict the near future, like a couple seconds into the future. Im not very psychic, or think its a big deal, but its interesting nonetheless. Ive experienced casual telepathy lots of times too, and me and a few friends even proved we could send random words to each other... Heres a few examples of my unconscious senses of the near future:

Me and my friend Brian were watching Zombieland and I said a few lines before characters said them: 'holy ****!'.

A couple days before, we were watching a compilation video of cool stunts, and I said something along the lines of, "this is boring, we should watch some Rodney
Mullen skate videos!" and a few seconds later, Rodney Mullen appeared as the next trick guy in the compilation video... He hadn't been in the video before I said those words though, so it was odd I mentioned him.

Yesterday I was with Brian and his mom, and the movie Boogeymen was on. I had never seen it before. I was bored of it and started talking about this cool video I saw from the forum I just joined that showed a soldier wearing an invisible cloak. About one second later, to our amazement, the car that the demon guy was driving in the movie, turned invisible. There were no invisibility scenes before that, or mention of invisibility before I said that. It was just really synchronistic. Me and Brian looked at each other and said this is weird, it keeps happening!

There was another synch last night.
Brian, Chris and I were sitting in my backyard around the fire. We smoked a joint. We were relaxed, but very coherent and aware. We weren't hallucinating or laughing our asses off, just mellow and interested in our conversation. Somehow the conversation turned to dreams. Brian talked about his lucid dream where he was strapped down and injected with a needle, then woke up sweating. I related a similar lucid dream involving needles. I then added another dream:

"I was being walked though an underground base. I remembered being aware and to try and remember what was going on. We came up to something like a queue line at the subway, where you drop a coin and pass through a security gate. There was a metal detector of some sort, I think. There were a few military people around, and they exuded intensity; they had a stronger vibe than most people. I remember looking at the female military guard in full gear, with lots of guns. She was attractive and seemed to be sizing me up. I remember her eyes changed to be reptilian, and I was blown away. She looked at me, and the thought I had, was 'she knows that I know who they are!'"
I dont remember much else, but I think guns were pointed at me, maybe, and other stuff happened that I forget...

Anyhow, as soon as I told Brian and Chris the line "They know that I know who they are!", Brian stopped looking me in the eye and stared behind me and watched something fly behind me into the trees to my side, and then around the house and away. He at first thought it was a giant white bat. He was amazed. Chris saw a glimpse of it too, but it was behind me (only about ten feet or so) so I missed it. They were convinced it was something very real, there was no question. They think it was a huge white bird, most likel an owl. Brian said that it had its wings outstretched, and only viewed it from behind. It wasn't flapping and made no sound in our silent backyard, strangely enough (minus crackling fire and quiet talking). We were all genuinely creeped out because I had never seen a white owl around here for years, or bats, or big birds. It was just very strange, especially considering the fact that it flew out behind me as soon as I said those words. We started speculating that if interdimensional beings or probes were around, they might take the form of a bird or bat. I dont know, but it sure seems odd.:confused:

majicbar
10-10-2012, 04:54 AM
When I was working under the microscope and maybe just zoning out a bit I too noticed that I'd be aware of what was happening about 8 to 10 seconds into the future, things that would be said around me, noises or finding what I was looking for before I'd actually spot it. Kind of spooky in a way. Or is time more complex a thing than we'd imagine?

lycaeus
10-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Its almost like a future event sends a ripple back in time and you sense it like a dog senses a storm brewing. Its strange to think that the future already exists, in different timelines, but you sense the one you are most likely to travel on. I dont know, but the world is really strange.

atmjjc
10-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Hello Lycaeus,

Sometimes the effects of time on the psyche are not always what they seem. Your past stimulus of a particular event can have an effect on the present which gives awareness of a time fluctuation.

Psychologists refer to what you experience as ‘priming’.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology)

lycaeus
10-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Your past stimulus of a particular event can have an effect on the present which gives awareness of a time fluctuation.
Apologies for being so dense, but Im hoping you can explain this a little.

Do you mean that the information I perceived prior to 'predicting' the near future, stuck in my unconscious, and then influenced me to say those specific words, because I unconsciously sensed a pattern with a more less obvious outcome?

I read about Priming....
'Priming is an implicit memory effect in which exposure to a stimulus influences a response to a later stimulus.'

In the three examples I presented, there were not very good clues to provoke my rather specific choice of words, with the exception of 'holy ****' which is very common, especially in dumb movies like Zombieland.

Maybe I didnt understand what priming or your explanation is, but I think the scientific/psychological explanation is a little far out for me to accept. Based on my past little experiences with psychic awareness, I feel the most logical explanation is that I am sensing the future unconsciously, and it is coming out in my passive expressions. And there have been a lot of strange synchronicities in my life, so I think theres more to it than basic psychology, but its probably not that complicated, just interesting enough to take note of.

...BTW I noticed there is a thread for people to talk about their predictive experiences, but didnt check before I posted this. Ill check things out more before I post to help keep things more organized...

atmjjc
10-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Yes Lycaeus , you seem to grasp the meaning of Priming. In the cases you presented it can be argued what you have experienced is a part of implicit memory processing retrieval.

I, myself have problems with scientific theoretical dogma and look for counter explanation to perception. I do know a precognition experience is due to probability influence by certain algorithmic properties of sensory memory de-encryption of prior stimulus events of the unconscious to the conscious mind in relation to the perceived recollection at the time of memory retrieval.

In your case Lycaeus, the foretelling of the future could only be logical if you viewed your experience as fatalism or pre-determinism where free will is not the explanation. Not just in your case but all cases of perceptual foretelling of the future.

With all respect Lycaeus, I am not trying to diminish your beliefs as to what had happened I am just providing one explanation of many as to what many of us have experienced as a similar event.