New User Membership Registration, new procedure

Rate this Entry
An important message from an Garuda, worth repeating!

New Members - User Registrations

Due to increased spammer activity, we have been left with no choice but to disable the user registration form for new membership requests. Guests with a genuine desire to register at The OutPost and join discussions here should contact a staff member directly at Staff@TOP. We reserve the right to consult spam databases and refuse membership at our discretion.

We have tried to find a balance between allowing people to join and keeping spammers and hackers out, and have been quite successful in doing so, until now. We were using a system where we allowed user registrations, and these registrations were first checked automatically (i.e. by a program). That kept 98% of the spammers / hackers out. We then manually vetted the remaining 2%, which is a process of some minutes per registration.
Slowly, however, the amount of spammers / hackers trying to get in, has been increasing. At present, we have reached a point where we are getting between 4 000 and 5 000 attempts per day. This effectively means that it has become a half-time job to keep the spammers/hackers out.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to return to automatic registration at some point in the future. Thank you for your understanding.


  1. calikid's Avatar
    The address to request membership is: