Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Native American Chief Tells of His Contact with Extraterrestrials

Last edited by mdonnall2002; 02-19-2014 at 03:52 PM.

That is truly a marvelous story. I was hoping you would say some thing to the young man. I even thought that the message should begin with telling the stone was his gift and a way to understanding.

So, what is next? What do you make of the encounter?

What is next? It's not like I can tell the future, to my knowledge. Which encounter, or all encompassing? Are you asking me to analyze something in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by mdonnall2002 View Post
    What is next? It's not like I can tell the future, to my knowledge. Which encounter, or all encompassing? Are you asking me to analyze something in particular?
    I wondered if, having had a little time to reflect on that encounter, you have drawn any conclusions from it? Think it represents some direction for your life? Conclusions about where it all fits into the grand scheme of things?

I have my private thoughts and feelings about its significance.

I can see a road less traveled - overgrown with briars - a machete hanging on the signpost that reads: "Obscurity it has costs, very few dare to test what is within." As long as the winds, for direction, are not corrupt - I will inhale. Grand schemes? There is always more than meets the eye...... What you see is not always what you get.

The microscope(s) always have a unique advantage over what lays upon the glass, right? It is what it is....

I'll be out - smelling the winds today as winter is breaking grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by mdonnall2002 View Post
    I have my private thoughts and feelings about its significance.

I can see a road less traveled - overgrown with briars - a machete hanging on the signpost that reads: "Obscurity it has costs, very few dare to test what is within." As long as the winds, for direction, are not corrupt - I will inhale. Grand schemes? There is always more than meets the eye...... What you see is not always what you get.

The microscope(s) always have a unique advantage over what lays upon the glass, right? It is what it is....

I'll be out - smelling the winds today as winter is breaking grasp.
    Thanks! Sometimes the signpost is there for a good reason. Then again. Frost wrote something like 'two roads diverged in a wood' and having looked as far as he could down each one 'I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference.'
    I'll be out enjoying the breezes as well.

I read this book recently.book.jpg

I couldn't put it down.
    Lots of well researched highly convincing stories of native american encunters with "star people"... (complete with the usual government interference).

I tracked this book down to Amazon because it is a subject that interests me and which I have done some research into myself, though minor in comparison.

http://www.amazon.com/ENCOUNTERS-WIT.../dp/1933665726

Reviews of the book are very good so far as I've read. This one is typical:

"A no nonsense, unembellished but fascinating look at this subject. The authors's voice is just as charming and measured as the voices of the Indians recounting their stories. The author allows the stories to tell themselves. Because of her great networking skills among the American Indian reservation system she has the luxury of using only the very best encounter stories, and her Indian heritage gave her access to a people notorious for their reticence and privacy. Probably only a blooded indian could have pried thes stories loose from so many different people." (Typos in the original)

The author is Ardy Sixkiller Clarke, who has a whole page at amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ardy-Sixkiller...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Her own web page www.sixkiller.com says this about her:

"Dr. Ardy Sixkiller Clarke brings to the field of ufology degrees in history, English, psychology, and educational leadership and a background as a teacher, university professor, junior college and university administrator, licensed therapist and psychologist, and social science researcher. As a Professor Emeritus at Montana State University and former Director of the Center for Bilingual/Multicultural Education, Dr. Clarke, who is Cherokee/Choctaw, has worked with indigenous people for most of her career. Her first book in the field of ufology was the best-seller Encounters With Star People: Untold Stories of American Indians. She is also the author of twelve children's' books and the best-selling academic text: Sisters in the Blood: The Education of Women in Native America. She lives in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Big Sky Montana."

I'm going to buy this book and if anything I read is of interest here, I'll write about it more extensively after I have finished reading it. Native Americans are not usually stigmatized in their culture for having/talking about paranormal experiences. I'm sure there are sub-cultural differences as well as individual differences but from what I've experienced over the years, Native Americans can talk about such things as "Star People" without being thought crazy by their peers. Anyone who can tap into the stories, as this author is supposed to have done, may have opened a door to a rich and illuminating perspective not heard much from before this. Now, I'm going to go order the book.

Quote Originally Posted by xDhirax View Post
    I read this book recently.book.jpg

I couldn't put it down.

Lots of well researched highly convincing stories of native american encunters with "star people"... (complete with the usual government interference).
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I tracked this book down to Amazon because it is a subject that interests me and which I have done some research into myself, though minor in comparison.

http://www.amazon.com/ENCOUNTERS-WIT.../dp/1933665726

Reviews of the book are very good so far as I've read. This one is typical:

"A no nonsense, unembellished but fascinating look at this subject. The authors's voice is just as charming and measured as the voices of the Indians recounting their stories. The author allows the stories to tell themselves. Because of her great networking skills among the American Indian reservation system she has the luxury of using only the very best encounter stories, and her Indian heritage gave her access to a people notorious for their reticence and privacy. Probably only a blooded indian could have pried thes stories loose from so many different people." (Typos in the original)

The author is Ardy Sixkiller Clarke, who has a whole page at amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Ardy-Sixkiller...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Her own web page www.sixkiller.com says this about her:

"Dr. Ardy Sixkiller Clarke brings to the field of ufology degrees in history, English, psychology, and educational leadership and a background as a teacher, university professor, junior college and university administrator, licensed therapist and psychologist, and social science researcher. As a Professor Emeritus at Montana State University and former Director of the Center for Bilingual/Multicultural Education, Dr. Clarke, who is Cherokee/Choctaw, has worked with indigenous people for most of her career. Her first book in the field of ufology was the best-seller Encounters With Star People: Untold Stories of American Indians. She is also the author of twelve children's' books and the best-selling academic text: Sisters in the Blood: The Education of Women in Native America. She lives in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Big Sky Montana."

I'm going to buy this book and if anything I read is of interest here, I'll write about it more extensively after I have finished reading it. Native Americans are not usually stigmatized in their culture for having/talking about paranormal experiences. I'm sure there are sub-cultural differences as well as individual differences but from what I've experienced over the years, Native Americans can talk about such things as "Star People" without being thought crazy by their peers. Anyone who can tap into the stories, as this author is supposed to have done, may have opened a door to a rich and illuminating perspective not heard much from before this. Now, I'm going to go order the book.
    It does look like a good read.