Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by neverwas View Post
    good day all !
    thank you for the invite, I'm sitting here thinking I should have just signed up with my om name, however I kinda wanted to get rid of it. neverwas feels like a fresh start, instead of vectorian.
    I'm looking forward to a new start here, probably won't post much, but I do want to keep a watch on what's happening.
    Seems like this forum can be a place where a lot of weeds can be left behind.
    I'm speaking of old and useless posts.
    Welcome aboard, Vectorian / neverwas.

If you want to, you could of course always do a 'Prince' and just mention in your signature 'The Artist Formerly Known As Vectorian'.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Can someone make a back up of Dan's threads...or at least help Dan back it up?

There are some interesting nuggets in there...I'd hate for Dan to lose that almost 4 years of posting
    Whoops!
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Whoops!
    When I originally signed up at OMF there was a smart and interesting crowd there,
    [QUOTE] i think you and i must have been reading different OMs in that case. All the 'smart and interesting' posters there had already been banned by that time. And while it's true that Jeddy and the Murnut somehow managed to hang in (and elevate the collective IQ) their days were already numbered. I think this thread, the Borg Thread, was instrumental in the deconstruction of the cult and I'm proud of that. But the seeds of the downfall had been planted much earlier and it was a long on ramp to dissolution. Resistance to the Borg dates to 2006, the Serpo days, and was owing to the likes of Shawnna Connolly, Ryan Dube, Steve Broudbent, the CartoonSyndicate and several others. One would have thought that the RU exposee of Serpo would have driven a stake through the heart of this pernicious gaggle of hoaxters and snake oil salesmen- but that, by itself, was to prove not to be the case. The ******** continued, year after year, and to this very day. And be aware of this: Those mods who recently mutinied were as responsible for this unrelenting assault on reason and truth as was their leader, Bren Burton.[QUOTE]
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

[QUOTE=noot;1205][QUOTE] i think you and i must have been reading different OMs in that case. All the 'smart and interesting' posters there had already been banned by that time. And while it's true that Jeddy and the Murnut somehow managed to hang in (and elevate the collective IQ) their days were already numbered. I think this thread, the Borg Thread, was instrumental in the deconstruction of the cult and I'm proud of that. But the seeds of the downfall had been planted much earlier and it was a long on ramp to dissolution. Resistance to the Borg dates to 2006, the Serpo days, and was owing to the likes of Shawnna Connolly, Ryan Dube, Steve Broudbent, the CartoonSyndicate and several others. One would have thought that the RU exposee of Serpo would have driven a stake through the heart of this pernicious gaggle of hoaxters and snake oil salesmen- but that, by itself, was to prove not to be the case. The ******** continued, year after year, and to this very day. And be aware of this: Those mods who recently mutinied were as responsible for this unrelenting assault on reason and truth as was their leader, Bren Burton.

Toon,

We have chosen to move on from the past and not rehash five years of opinions and any arguments centered on whose opinion is better. This isn't Amkon, RU or OM. We are not here to trash any of those places. We are here to move forward. You can constructively join us in this journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Toon,

We have chosen to move on from the past and not rehash five years of opinions and any arguments centered on whose opinion is better. This isn't Amkon, RU or OM. We are not here to trash any of those places. We are here to move forward. You can constructively join us in this journey.

Chris is right...there is no point in rehashing past history....what's done is done. Nobody is perfect. Everybody makes mistakes.

I'm not saying forget or forgive, but let's just more forward rather than reliving the past.

I don't want to point blame or fingers about drones or serpo or source A...what exactly is that going to solve?

I haven't forgotten, or forgiven....but I don't hate either.

I have poked fun and had some laughs at OM's expense...but I'm willing to see and give this place a chance.

You should too Toon.

You really do have an extensive knowledge of ufology that if channeled constructively and somewhat politely....would be of great benefit to folks here.

What he just said.

And we will have that beer my friend...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Hi Toon, Been a very long time Haha......
    Dragonfly! How the hell are you??

Quote Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
    I was a mod at the original Project Camelot (Avalon) forum but please don't hold that against me!
    We wont

You must have been a Mod after I stepped down as Admin there

Welcome to the forum

Hi! I am Georgi from Bulgaria. Nice forum.

Welcome, Georgi! It is nice to have you join. How did you find us?