Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Cognition - What we think we know

Exclamation Pre-Cognition - What we think we know

Goals of this thread.

--Feel free to elucidate on what you think works and what you have found doesn't work (for you).
    --Explain what you feel when an accurate prediction comes to you and what the particulars might be.
    --Also Explain what leads you to believe a prediction is accurate vs not accurate?

The intent of this thread is to analyze different strategies from other members so there can be some "comparison of notes" and hopefully some recognition of what doesn't seem to work across a wide variety of people.

Strategies sharing is ok.

Debating what works in one case over another is best.

Goading, pushy behavior, or otherwise undesirable behavior towards other members is NOT welcomed. (Stay out if you intend to go down this route! Or just open another thread and detail it there.)

What goes on inside you when the prediction manifests inside you? How do you experience it?
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Ian Wilson discussing Precognitive Dreams, Deja Vu and Deja Reve

A no non-sense covering of the topic of Pre-Cognition related to sleep states. Just one of many types of pre-cognition.

I found it just now to boost some thread participation.

I think he does a fairly good job covering the topic and even adding some terms which I did not have before.
    Last edited by Fore; 11-20-2015 at 02:18 AM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    Ian Wilson discussing Precognitive Dreams, Deja Vu and Deja Reve

A no non-sense covering of the topic of Pre-Cognition related to sleep states. Just one of many types of pre-cognition.

I found it just now to boost some thread participation.

I think he does a fairly good job covering the topic and even adding some terms which I did not have before.
    Wow, no one responded yet.

Fore, that Video was Fantastic. It's great to hear such accounts from others in a fashion describing their experience and marveling at the wonder of what is transpiring and then understanding that there is something more at hand here. It also made me think/come to a possible realization that what is being created by the mind could be also thoughts and images and or Experiences from our multiple selves. If one subscribes to the notion of multiple selves/dimensions/universes. With taking that into consideration perhaps some of our prophetic dreams are that of a possible reality or how Ian in the video states it "Probabilistic". Now if we are dreaming/seeing an event that either, A. Might happen or B. Did happen, is there really any way to distinguish that fact? Perhaps a Deja Vu with-in the Dream? But if its a true memory of something yet to come or perhaps of something that did already happen(What has happen before will happen again, ala Battlestar Galactica,reimaged version theme there). Again how does one distinguish it? I guess by the feeling and sense of what is a memory and perhaps what doesn't feel real yet or perhaps conjured. Speaking of conjured. With going with the presumption of what Ian said of dreams coming direct from our thoughts, what or who is to say that perhaps the thoughts entering our mind and our dreams are not our own? Could we really be in a sense being programmed from a mind/thoughts not of our own to create a particular reality or to steer us subconsciously down a road of someone other than our own, will? That is something to ponder of that possibility. This which also lends thoughts towards that our thoughts do create our reality and if we can do it in the dream state and see it manifest in our waking reality. That is a very very powerful tool for us all. There is a lot here to discuss and so much of it can broach into other topics , thoughts and ideas and off shoots.

Now as for me. I have had a lot of precog dreams, especially when I was younger. Some mundane stuff has come true sometimes weeks later of even years. While yet I hope some of the stuff I did see never come true, Like that of a Nuclear impact and/or comet/astroid impact. I have always been a avid and active dreamer. Although lately not as frequent and or as many precog dreams. I'd have to say its been many years since I have any precog dreams. Well its good that some of them didn't come to pass.......knock on wood, yet. Something is blocking me right now. I'm hitting a wall on my flow of thoughts and this is a topic I am familiar with. So I guess I'll just end it here and via the responses of who ever responds to Fore posts or to the video of Ian or what I have said. I'll have more to say for sure when various ideas discussed triggers me. Its like I got writters block, LOL anways Thanks Fore. Great topic of discussion and it's sure to be an interesting one.

Edward

I've had a lot of precognitive dreams throughout my life. Most are minor. My mother had them as well. I dreamed of my sisters death prior to its occurring for one. My sister wrote a poem in church one Sunday and stuck it in her bible. After her death, my mom found it and we were stunned at how it predicted her death.

I've had a lot of minor Deja vu experiences, but mostly I experience precog. It's been awhile since I've had them. And to tell the truth, I don't miss them. I rarely have positive precog dreams, so I'm happy to stay blind. If anyone has any techniques for developing more,precognition I'd love to hear it.

My precognition seems only to be referenced to what I myself will experience in the future and only within a certain frame of time... about 24 hours. I have experienced this in four ways.

1. Reversed memory: "stuff popping into your head" in the wrong order of time. Example you walk across an area and look at a particular spot on the ground that day and think "why do I always see bugs turned upside down?" "Should I help them up or are they upside down on purpose because they are dying and in pain. If I happen to see a bug upside down how will I know if I should turn him over? (note I have heard that bugs turn themselves over when they are in pain to lessen the pain) Two hours later you are walking across that same area, and in the same spot on the ground you looked at before there is a bug turned upside down. It's as if your memory is in reverse. The process of thinking is in reverse, you are thinking about it because of the event, but before the event has happened.

2. Dream memory (very similar to the video): You recall a memory fragment of a dream you had last night. There are particular pieces of that dream fragment that are "striking" to you. Later that day a portion of that dream fragment occurs. Here is an example, one of many that I have experienced. I have a dream that I crash my car into an absurdly yellow sports car. A few hours after waking I recall that fragment, and notice that the absurdly yellow color of the car, it's sporty nature, and the crash seems to be very strong in the fragment. They "pull" at my attention some how like they feel rough whereas the rest feels smooth. As I drive I take particular attention to anything "absurdly yellow" to avoid the events in the recalled dream. I see a car with an absurdly yellow bumper sticker that seems to strongly occupy my attention ( I feel that same pull), and the driver is behaving like he has a sports car (I feel the other pull). Later down the highway the car takes a deep right turn into the next lane so that he can make a wide left turn and nearly hits me as I pass him in the straight way lane (half way into my lane). The striking nature of the memory fragment causes me to be cautious of yellow while driving thus preventing me from getting into a wreck. The striking parts of the dreams are never wrong or inaccurate, I could piece it together wrong but the "pull" is always accurate. It's like the striking emotions of that day find their selves in your dreams the night before. The striking parts of that dream segment are the qualia experiences of a future event that somehow gets "coded" or leaked into your dreams. You can very easily and accurately infer a limited prediction from the emotion coded or leaked into the dream.

3. Reverse deja-vu. This has only happened to me once. Unlike regular deja-vu that happens at the end of an event this happens before the event. You feel the same way as a normal deja-vu only instead of "that has happened before" it's "I know whats going to happen now". When it happened for me I knew exactly what was going to happen for ~eight minutes. I knew exact timing, the exact sentence and tone of everything that would be said and all events that would happen. It was like I already saw the movie, only it was real life. I had no more knowledge of the events than I would have had as a single observer progressing in order though the events of that 8 min. Or in other words I only knew what my normal 5 senses would then experience over the course of those eight minutes. I remembered what was going to happen.

4. Shuffled Time. This is where the deck of events gets reshuffled. This is where a memory of an event that hasn't happened occurs, which causes a change in course so that a new memory of an event that hasn't happened will occur. For example, I'm going to get a hair cut and they ask me when I will arrive, I mentally estimate that I should arrive at 8am, but as I am about to declare 8am as my arrival time I then have a memory of myself arriving at 8:02am and thinking I should have said 8:02am because I am 2 minutes late, so I tell the person that I will arrive at 8:02am instead, at which point I actually do arrive exactly at 8:02am. The cause of me telling her 8:02 was the very memory of an event that would have happened, but no longer can happen.

My understanding of this in relation to myself is that events that I will experience in the future are finding their way into my consciousness in the past. I only see now what I will come to see in the future. I can't foresee that a plane will crash unless I, in the future watch the news and experience the event in such a way that the memory ripples it's way back into the past. I am essentially remembering the future. I think our consciousness may exist over a space of time rather than one moment at a time but is ordered or focused as to relate to time in a correctly casual manner. The reason I say this is because of the way our body works.

For us to make a conscious decision our brains have to gather up enough information to reach neuronal adequacy...which takes about a half a second, which is far too short to leave your hand on the stove. When you put your hand on the stove your hand moves away instantly bypassing the neuronal adequacy stage. It has the same overhead that the neuronal adequacy phase would require but it doesn't need the time. Your body needs to know how to move it's hand to be effective, if you move it horizontally you will continually burn, it needs to know where to move it and how far etc. Now if you anesthetize the part of the brain that requires neuronal adequacy (where we consciously make a movement) the immediate response will not occur. The immediate response that occurs before the neuronal adequacy response does not occur because in the future the neuronal adequacy response will not occur. What I think is happening is that the consciousness is accessing the future to provide the appropriate response immediately rather than waiting for neuronal adequacy to occur in real time. I think in some cases, or at least in my case this can occur over a wider period of time.
    Last edited by Sansanoy; 02-16-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    For us to make a conscious decision our brains have to gather up enough information to reach neuronal adequacy...which takes about a half a second, which is far too short to leave your hand on the stove. When you put your hand on the stove your hand moves away instantly bypassing the neuronal adequacy stage. It has the same overhead that the neuronal adequacy phase would require but it doesn't need the time. Your body needs to know how to move it's hand to be effective, if you move it horizontally you will continually burn, it needs to know where to move it and how far etc. Now if you anesthetize the part of the brain that requires neuronal adequacy (where we consciously make a movement) the immediate response will not occur. The immediate response that occurs before the neuronal adequacy response does not occur because in the future the neuronal adequacy response will not occur. What I think is happening is that the consciousness is accessing the future to provide the appropriate response immediately rather than waiting for neuronal adequacy to occur in real time. I think in some cases, or at least in my case this can occur over a wider period of time.
    Very interesting theory, I believe you are right! This reminds me of a few times where I have pulled my hand away from a hot stove, or hot water, BEFORE I even touched it. You could chalk that up to nervousness, but, I remember a few times this has happened and I wasn't really nervous. I was calm, and my body just instinctively jerked itself away from the burn source with little anticipation on my end. I think it is the bodies knowledge acting at the subconscious level.

Your other words in the post resonate with me. I believe that time ripples backwards, well, events make waves that we sense from the future. Your idea about our consciousness over a span of time really makes sense to me. That is a small revelation. They say we are only conscious of the present moment, but at the subconscious level, maybe we are aware of the future and past too right?

I'm interested in this topic of pre-cognition now because I just had two pre-cognitive dreams the past few days. I have been very tired and under-slept and needed some good sleep, so I took some melatonin to help with that. I love that stuff. It makes you more aware in your dreams and is healthier for your brain, helping it rest better with adequate melatonin which most of us are deficient in. Anyways, the dreams were very uninteresting. I dreamt of a minor specific event the night before, and the next day, the exact scenario played out. One dream was just about a specific woman I know getting her hair dyed and not liking it afterwards. The exact thing happened the next day and trust me it was the last thing on my mind to dream about. But I did dream about it. The other dream was last night. I saw a truck and trailer drive by with a specific type of heavy machinery. Today on my bike I saw that exact same thing, which reminded me of my dream.

I will also point out that the first dream and matching daily event coincided with some strong emotions from a couple other people I was with. The second dream and matching daily event had some emotions as well, meaning I had some anxieties about seeing someone lately who drives a similar machine. So maybe the emotions give life to these manifestations, making them more vibrant, and more likely to stand out to us at the subconscious level. If there's one thing I learned from this, it's that I should pay more attention to my dreams.
    "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock."

In thinking about my experiences further, I realize that virtually all of my precognitive dreams occur in 3rd stage REM. Due to my schedule of having to get up at 5:30 and not getting to bed till 11 or 11:30, I don't get to sleep long enough to reach 3rd stage REM except on weekends. But I do get them and they are HD in their realism. That can be so stunning it wakes me before I can complete what I want to learn in the dream state. They usually feel virtually out of body.

Not all of them are clear in the meaning and speak in symbols, but I can tell their level of importance by how shaken or disoriented I am when I wake up.
    Last edited by southerncross; 06-25-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    I realize that virtually all of my precognitive dreams occur in 3rd stage REM.
    That is interesting because I haven't gotten very much sleep in the few months at least, except for a small handful of times including the last few nights where I had these pre-cognitive dreams.

Blog Entries
    Lol, I would be quite surprised Lycaeus if you didn’t dream of girls at your age.

There are no real answers to precognition which would give this phenomena justice. You would be hard pressed to find someone who did not have some sort of precognitive dreams.

My dreams are quite different than most of you. I have this ability to walk the planes in which I inhabit for a very brief time a person of another earth. I have no control over this it just happens in parallel time of another earth.

If you try and control your dreams in real time (lucid dreaming) you will be quite surprised at the results though it can become quite complicated when you infer proactive and retroactive causation.

To address Southerncross is that in my view she is heading in the wright-direction trying to understand her dreams by referring to rem sleep. There are instruments which you can purchase to help you in Lucid Dreaming.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/dont-wa...ucid-dreaming/
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    Lol, I would be quite surprised Lycaeus if you didn’t dream of girls at your age.
    And I'd be surprised if you weren't some bitter old geezer who feels the need to poke and prod people every time they get offended like a little butthurt child.