Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: work in progress (song)

work in progress (song)

I goofed up and added a vibrato filter to this clip which, on top of my own natural vibrato that's more noticeable when I can't sing loud due to the neighbors... well, it is what it is. I was sorta making up the tune as I was singing it. It's a work in progress. No background music ... yet. Will do that tomorrow. Wrote this song this morning. Recorded it a little later. A lot of people off work today and couldn't belt things out like I normally like to do for that reason. Also need to spend time to run the la, la, la scales to get voice in better shape. Have a bit of an allergy cold now too.

Later today, I made some revisions on the lyrics and, so far, this is what I've got now. Will be making a new recording with music added and so on. It's a country song...

In the mountains of Tennesee
    when you hear, the loud buzzing of the bee's
    Then my mama, she would say
    someone's closer to the brink of judgement day

When a cricket comes into the house
    and its louder than a spunky jump'n mouse
    She would say it means, good luck and fortune
    for some morn'n, b'fore the clock strikes noon

When the horned owl cries deep of the night
    Mama says it's time for your shining white knight
    To come galloping in on a bright moonbeam
    Who gives you a kiss ... true love the first of sight
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

The video is "private"?

I just made it private about an hour or so ago. Want to record it again without that added vibrato. Edited it in wavepad. Will be posting it later today after I do my la,la,la scale exercises.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Here's a You Tube of that same song I had in that other vid, only this time round added some music to it.

In the mountains of Tennesee
    when you hear, the loud buzzing of the bee's
    Then my mama, she would say
    someone's closer to the brink of judgement day

When a cricket gets in the house
    and its louder than a jump'n mouse
    She would say it means, good fortune
    for some morn'n, b'fore the clock strikes noon

When the horned owl cries deep in the night
    Mama says it's time for your shiny white knight
    To come galloping in on a moonbeam
    Who gives you a kiss cuz its love at first sight
    Last edited by A99; 07-06-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Well... just in case this new space corps becomes a reality I might as well come up with a corps song for it! Will get right on it and rest assured, I'll post that new song here in my spotlight thread for all to hear!

This new song may be able to even help The TOP Band get off to a running start! We could perform it at a UFO Conference sometime in the not far off future! How exciting!!! lol

Anyway, here's the Air Force Song for inspiration.

PS-- new badges, patches, insignia, UNIFORMS!!! etc will need to be designed and created too for this new military branch. But first comes the song!
    Last edited by A99; 07-12-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

This will be called The TOP United States Space Corps Project. After I've completed each task, input from staff and membership here can be made for suggestions for any improvements that are needed for optimum impact to get our message across.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

It (as in, it's taken on a life of its own)

HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    It (as in, it's taken on a life of its own)

Pretty cool! It has a cosmic vibe.

I like that percussion track. Simple with nice rest placements.

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Well... just in case this new space corps becomes a reality I might as well come up with a corps song for it! Will get right on it and rest assured, I'll post that new song here in my spotlight thread for all to hear!

This new song may be able to even help The TOP Band get off to a running start! We could perform it at a UFO Conference sometime in the not far off future! How exciting!!! lol

Anyway, here's the Air Force Song for inspiration.
    [SNIP]

PS-- new badges, patches, insignia, UNIFORMS!!! etc will need to be designed and created too for this new military branch. But first comes the song!
    That's the first time I've heard the long version.

Glorifying war and destruction and the giving of one's life in servitude to illusionary beliefs yet strangely inspirational indeed.

Oh, rest assured, if I come up with a little song for the Space Corps, it's going to touch on the Star Trek thing too.. eg exploring new worlds etc... lol

Also, thanks for the feedback on my new clip!
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi