Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam: Doc

Like all of the staff here and many of our members, I have know Doc for around 10 years. We have all worked not only with him, but certainly under his guidance, both here at The Outpost and at the old OMF.

He was one of life's gifts, a no nonsense straight talker with a heart of gold and the wisdom to back it up. He would often chair our group meetings, keeping us all on time and on topic. Always had sound advice often backed up with personal anecdotes. A man who commanded respect with kindness.

My thoughts go out to Doc's wife and family.

Onwards to the next great adventure, Doc. You will be missed here!
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Doc, enjoy your journey among the stars of heaven...

Countless times, Doc injected his wisdom into threads.

Agreeing with his guidance was easy...
    Last edited by CasperParks; 07-29-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Doc, enjoy your journey among the stars of heaven...

Countless times, Doc injected his wisdom into threads.

Agreeing with his guidance was easy...
    He asleep, but eventually he will surf the celestial waves. I hope we all see him again when it is our time.
    It will be a good reunion.

Sleep well, Doc.

To his family, I hope and Pray for every manner of blessing to come to them in their time of grief and sorrow.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

For closure.

HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

My condolences.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Banned
    RIP Sir, you will be missed.

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd share one of Doc's marvelous insights from over the years.

I once ask Doc if he was concerned about a source getting the forum in trouble for exposing TS information.

His reply? "If a source proves the existence of Extraterrestrials, I want to know about it.
    After all the years of denial, at that point the government will have a lot more explaining to do than us".

Good old Doc. He had a rock solid grip on reality.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

He was such a special kind of person. His insights and grasp on reality, his examples and wisdom.. he is very missed.

What a reminder that life is too short, that we must treasure our friends and loved ones every day. My condolences to his family for their loss. Farewell Doc, 'til we see you again. Thanks for your service.

While going over some historical stuff between Doc and myself, I came across this tid-bit which he felt I should share on the boards. Well I never got around to that cause of the hustle and bustle life so figured he would be glad I did so now.

(from another cyber friend of mine)

NRP says:
    April 8, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Long true story made short; have a friend, that I trust his word, told me of a story/bet with someone, one(the friend) in Laser Technology, the other in Satellite Technology, Short version, bet was Sat guy could find the Laser’s guy truck and tell him what bumper he would put a Quarter on. Sat guy not only told him where truck was, where it was parked, what corner/bumper the Quarter was on, but it was face up…….. AND, y-all ready for this, it was a 1972 Quarter, and sent him a screen capture of it….

So, the old story of being able to read a newspaper from space/spy satellite, don’t bet against it, you will lose your Quarter.

There is NO privacy anymore, Spy Planes, Spy Satellite, Laser Tech that can pick up the vibrations of a conversation on a window from over a mile away, Taping into your Cell Phone (and yes they CAN turn on your camera, and microphone to know what you’re doing, all alone the GPS to find you), the list is endless. And NO I’m not a conspiracy theorist, Just-The-Facts-Jack.

NRP aka code name “&#@%” hahahaha

PS; I’m on so many list it don’t matter anymore :-) :-)
    Give me my Tin-Foil Hat BACK!!!!!