Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Niburu

Niburu

I have just finished reading Zechariah Sitchin's book "The Twelfth Planet".

I had heard bits and pieces of his writings and theories but I had never seen the full support for his theories until actually reading his books. He makes a very scholarly effort at supporting his theories concerning there being a 12th planet and how and when the Annunaki came to Earth.

I'll be posting up several of his supporting facts here regarding his discovery of the relationship of ancient Sumerian texts to what later was carried forward in the Bible (in particular in Genesis) and other civilizations that followed the Sumerians.

I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think about this!

I have read a few of his books and I found them convincing at first, less so as time went by. I have seen on the internet that he has a high enough profile now that serious scholars are looking at his translations. Reviews are mixed but lean negative, especially on some of his key points, like the "shem" if I remember correctly.

I like his point of view. Kinda like watching Anchient Aliens. I don't always agree with them but it does make you think.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'll be posting up several of his supporting facts here regarding his discovery of the relationship of ancient Sumerian texts to what later was carried forward in the Bible (in particular in Genesis) and other civilizations that followed the Sumerians.
    Cool, I look forward to it. I haven't really learned any of the deep down stuff yet.
    This isn't poetry, this is the language of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have just finished reading Zechariah Sitchin's book "The Twelfth Planet".

I had heard bits and pieces of his writings and theories but I had never seen the full support for his theories until actually reading his books. He makes a very scholarly effort at supporting his theories concerning there being a 12th planet and how and when the Annunaki came to Earth.

I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think about this!
    I've enjoyed Sitchin's books devouring them the same way I did with Von Daniken when I was a boy. I also have become more jaded as I got older. I've come to think that (for me anyway) ancient Sumerian, Egyptian, Mayan culture and writings have always had a kind of sexy coolness to them that makes me more predisposed to beleive in them. I'm not sure if this because of the fascination I have had from youth or a cultural thing from being and educated Westerner.

I think you have to read the arguments against Sitchin and decide where you throw your hat. It's like listening to two surgeons argue over a complex operation when you have no medical knowledege.

Due to the Annunaki being placed on the bandwagon with a lot of the more "outthere" sites I now conduct a little reality check. I replace " Annunaki" with "Leprechaun" and see how this changes me feelings about what I'm reading. It's often quite funny.

PC - do you have some recommendations for the anti-Sitchin school of thought?

This is the third book of his I've read, and although he comes quite readily to the Annunaki source for it all, I am really even more fascinated at the solar system development explanation and the fact that the Sumerians knew about there being 12 planets thousands of years before western world astronomers confirmed the fact.

Hi Chris
    You can't go far wrong with sitchiniswrong.com
    He covers most of the bases. I'm on an android more when I get to my comp.

Are the Russians Doing More Disclosure than in the US:

Russia Journalism on UFOlogy and Paranormal-related topics has always seemed strange to me. They often publish alternative views of these things that our media have debunked. Tunguska comes to mind. Long after Western media had explained it as a comet, the Russians were talking about UFO explosions and meteors. Today, we are seeking better answers because our own media may have rushed to judgment on Tunguska--or so 'they' say. I wish I knew which was the more trustworthy.

From:ZetaTalk Chat Q&A for January 21, 2012 :http://www.zetatalk.com/ning/21ja2012.htm

Just as the west has conspiracy channels on TV, the Russian media likewise has such channels. But this particular documentary goes far beyond what the US has allowed on their media. Discussion about Nibiru, and the pending and past pole shifts, combined with Sitchin's name are simply not allowed in the US media, nor in other countries to date. This documentary did not give the whole truth, and is filled with disinformation about Nibiru being at a far distance where it rides in the inner solar system and has since 2003. But it is so far above what the US media is allowed to report, even as speculation, that it begs the question: will Russia lead when the cover-up over Planet X shatters?

Russia has less to fear in that any impact from the Earth changes will come late in the game, not during the 7 of 10, for instance. The US will suffer the New Madrid adjustment, which will throw much of the eastern half of the US into survival camps. The disaster will reach up to Chicago, along the seaway through Ohio, and along the eastern seaboard via related fault lines. Countries on the Sunda Plate are in a panic about their populace becoming aware. China is more casual about exposure, as their ghost cities show, because they likewise will not have impact until late in the game. Europe does not want their populace to panic prior to the 7 of 10 European tsunami, and thus is positively anal about controlling any discussions.

Why would Russia allow debate in its media, when it could easily suppress such debate as other countries are doing? It wants its citizenry to be cooperative when measures are needed to control migration from Europe and southeast Asia. In deference to the distressed countries in Europe, which will to a one have either drowning citizens or mobs of refugees, and in deference to India, which is continuing to sink throughout all the Earth changes, Russia is not yet allowing all subjects to be discussed. The accurate predictions from ZetaTalk and the 7 of 10 scenarios are still a forbidden subject.