Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Media: Films, Books and Television

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    On Google+, this article was recommended in one of the communities: 5 Sci-Fi shows you should be watching.

They are:
    - lost girl
    - haven
    - Grimm
    - falling skies
    - continuum

http://www.nerdlikeyou.com/sci-fi-sh...d-be-watching/
    I love Grimm and Haven. I haven't seen Lost Skies but it is nice to know that a UFO/alien show made the list.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    I love Grimm and Haven. I haven't seen Lost Skies but it is nice to know that a UFO/alien show made the list.
    I think you meant Falling Skies. I have watched it from the beginning and I enjoy it. It is more character driven and the people are interesting enough to make me want to know what happens to them.

Haven seems to have found itself after drifting for a while. The story arc of "The Troubles" has become more prominent and the end of season cliffhanger left me wanting to know what happens next.

Grimm has a lot of appealing elements but it seems to push implausible things too far at times, like the main characters not noticing things that would seem fairly obvious. The characters are interesting enough, especial the wolf guy that helps the main characters and sometimes is the most interesting thing going on.

The second episode of Continuum was encouraging. Although it is still pretty much a cop show with time travel, it has potential and some interesting ideas.

I also watched the premier of The Following, Kevin Bacon's new network show. It turned out to be a serial killer story with cult involvement. It had a little too much killing of innocent people for me to find it enjoyable and it has many of the same old plot lines and setups that have been done a thousand times. I'll pass on this one.

The entire season 1 of Continuum has already aired and you can find it in some places.

For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I think you meant Falling Skies.
    I also watched the premier of The Following, Kevin Bacon's new network show. It turned out to be a serial killer story with cult involvement. It had a little too much killing of innocent people for me to find it enjoyable and it has many of the same old plot lines and setups that have been done a thousand times. I'll pass on this one.
    There was a lot of graphic violence, but the alcoholic nature of the the main character, and the references to Edgar Allen Poe promises some intrigue.
    I may watch another episode or two... just to give it a chance.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    The Last Resort.... series finale.

I was wondering if this would be a series finale, or something they already had in the can as a season 1 cliff hanger, prior to the series cancellation. Not a bad episode, the season had more the feel of a mini-series than a regular series. Not a bad thing.
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    The Last Resort.... series finale.

I was wondering if this would be a series finale, or something they already had in the can as a season 1 cliff hanger, prior to the series cancellation. Not a bad episode, the season had more the feel of a mini-series than a regular series. Not a bad thing.
    A number of these new science fiction shows coming out, most are better to run as a mini-series verses long term shows. The Event comes to mind, where they left everyone hanging at the end. Waiting to see if NBC takes Revolution off the bench.

PBS Masterpiece Contemporary
    The Last Enemy

trailer

Click here to watch at Hulu

From Hulu discription: Episode one: Returning to England for his brother's funeral, Stephen Ezard(Benedict Cumberbatch) falls in love with his brother's widow, Yasim (Anamaria Marinca), becomes a pawn in a government surveillance scheme and pursued by a crazed rogue agent (Robert Carlyle). Episode two: Stephen and Yasim join forces with rogue agent Russell to get to the bottom of a bio-weapons conspiracy that may be connected to a government surveillance program called Total Information Awareness (TIA).
    Another Big Brother is watching type of show.

PBS Masterpiece Contemporary the Last Enemy, I have not watched as of yet. Hulu has five episodes listed.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    A number of these new science fiction shows coming out, most are better to run as a mini-series verses long term shows. The Event comes to mind, where they left everyone hanging at the end. Waiting to see if NBC takes Revolution off the bench.
    The Event ending so abruptly was a game changer for me. I don't want to get invested in a series if it looks to me like it will be cancelled. V got cancelled just as it was going in a new direction. Flash Forward was an original idea, also cancelled to soon. The Last Resort looked like something with no Act II so I never got into it. Some series need time to grow, like Haven. It is a shame that economics determines what stays and what goes as much as it does.

Person of Interest on NBC took an interesting turn today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    SNIP [/video]
    Looks like "Dark Skies" could be a good movie.
    Funny they would pick a movie Title that has already been used as a TV series Title.
    Attachment 1008