Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthquakes and Superstorms

Earthquakes and Superstorms

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the coast of western Canada on Saturday and a tsunami warning was issued, authorities said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
    The U.S. Geological Survey in Colorado said the quake hit the Queen Charlotte Islands Saturday evening and was centered 96 miles (155 kilometers) south of Masset, British Columbia.
    The National Weather Service issued a tsunami warning for coastal areas of British Columbia and southern Alaska. It said the warning area included Craig and Sitka, Alaska.
    The USGS said the 7.7-magnitude quake shook the area and was followed by a 5.8 magnitude aftershock several minutes later.
    The U.S. Coast Guard in Alaska said it was trying to warn everyone with a boat on the water to prepare for a potential tsunami.
    Lt. Bernard Auth of the Juneau Command Center says the Coast Guard was also working with local authorities to alert people in coastal towns to take precautions.
    The earthquake occurred 25 miles (40 kilometers) south of Sandspit, British Columbia on the Haida Gwaii archipelago, formerly known as the Queen Charlotte Islands.
    Port Clements Golden Spruce hotel operator Urs Thomas said there was no warning before everything began moving inside and outside the hotel. He said it last about three minutes.
    "It was a pretty good shock," Thomas, 59, said. "I looked at my boat outside. It was rocking. Everything was moving. My truck was moving."
    After the initial jolt, Thomas began to check the hotel.
    "The fixtures and everything were still swinging," he said. "I had some picture frames coming down."
    Natural Resources Canada said in a statement that a major earthquake was felt across much of north and central British Columbia but that there were no immediate reports of damage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the coast of western Canada on Saturday and a tsunami warning was issued, authorities said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
    The U.S. Geological Survey in Colorado said the quake hit the Queen Charlotte Islands Saturday evening and was centered 96 miles (155 kilometers) south of Masset, British Columbia.
    The National Weather Service issued a tsunami warning for coastal areas of British Columbia and southern Alaska. It said the warning area included Craig and Sitka, Alaska.
    The USGS said the 7.7-magnitude quake shook the area and was followed by a 5.8 magnitude aftershock several minutes later.
    The U.S. Coast Guard in Alaska said it was trying to warn everyone with a boat on the water to prepare for a potential tsunami.
    Lt. Bernard Auth of the Juneau Command Center says the Coast Guard was also working with local authorities to alert people in coastal towns to take precautions.
    The earthquake occurred 25 miles (40 kilometers) south of Sandspit, British Columbia on the Haida Gwaii archipelago, formerly known as the Queen Charlotte Islands.
    Port Clements Golden Spruce hotel operator Urs Thomas said there was no warning before everything began moving inside and outside the hotel. He said it last about three minutes.
    "It was a pretty good shock," Thomas, 59, said. "I looked at my boat outside. It was rocking. Everything was moving. My truck was moving."
    After the initial jolt, Thomas began to check the hotel.
    "The fixtures and everything were still swinging," he said. "I had some picture frames coming down."
    Natural Resources Canada said in a statement that a major earthquake was felt across much of north and central British Columbia but that there were no immediate reports of damage.

The Queen Charlotte Islands have also been getting several aftershocks per hour this morning, all between 4.2 and 5.1. I know someone who lives 560 miles from the epicenter and she said that she felt that initial 7.7 quake.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Update on Hurricane Sandy.

It is still a Cat 1 Hurricane and is expected to land in Central NJ around 2:00am Tuesday morning with 80 MPH winds.

New York City is shutting down all public transportation at 7:00pm tonight.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Arkansas and North Carolina both had earthquakes this morning. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/

2.9 NORTH CAROLINA35.61°N -82.00°W 6Km Deep 2012-10-29 11:49:05 UTC2012-10-29 07:49:05 LOCAL SE102912B

3.9 ARKANSAS35.21°N -90.64°W 23Km Deep 2012-10-29 12:39:24 UTC2012-10-29 07:39:24 LOCAL NM102912A

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Update on Hurricane Sandy.

It is still a Cat 1 Hurricane and is expected to land in Central NJ around 2:00am Tuesday morning with 80 MPH winds.

New York City is shutting down all public transportation at 7:00pm tonight.
    100km/h winds and lots of rain means I don't have to work today

Does anyone here ever wonder if TPTB have figured out how to weaponize weather systems? And if so, is it too much of a stretch to aim Sandy right into the heart of the extremely populous and heavily Democratic part of the United States a mere week before the next general election?

Someone elsewhere on the web, posed a similar question today and I replied, "Well, they're about a week early, unless they plan on wiping out all the voting locations in several states beforehand to be sure."

But if it is possible, then it is also plausible. The stuff I've witnessed in my lifetime has been pretty strange & coincidental. Who would this benefit...Obama declaring the dreaded martial law, or the vote going forward and throwing it all to Romney in a landslide, thus giving him a mandate to do whatever he wanted (whatever they wanted) to do.

Either way, it's a win win at our expense.
    Last edited by cheb; 10-30-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: typo corrections

Blog Entries
    Does anyone here ever wonder if TPTB have figured out how to weaponize weather systems?
    I wouldnt doubt it. Hurricane Katrina was anomalous in its travel pattern. Not sure of the political implications, but I hope everyone is okay.

NOAA has put Sandy at 5.8 on a scale of 0 to 6. Joe Bastardi ofWeatherbell.com said tonight toget ready for more of these as the oceans temps are right for their generation. Now can they be enhanced or directed, maybe.
    Meantime, analysts have already weighed in on the affects on the election as people will either still be out of power and scrambling to get by or so busy cleaning their disaster up that they won't take the time to vote to prevent Pres. Obamas disaster.
    Early voting has already shown heavy voting for Romney over Obama. The agenda is likely somewhat the same. I will not miss Obama's hatred of business, or his passion for nationalizing things. I didn't like Obamacare or any of the left wing groups like Acorn. I hope we don't slip up and vote another far leftist in again in my lifetime. It's a real spanner in the works as far as the economy goes. The military agenda won't change no matter who is in office I fear.
    Last edited by southerncross; 10-30-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I had no idea how serious it was, I guess thats what happens when you dont watch the news...
    I actually feel bad for posting my first comment on this thread here. A woman was killed downtown here by a flying sign, 65 deaths in the caribbean and huge societal collapse in the States. Its very humbling. Thanks for posting this.

Blog Entries
    Storm is picking up here a bit. Lots of wind and rain. I texted my buddy about stocking up on some emergency supplies if this is going to be a pattern. He said he got my text the moment after his big freak out:

The storm was really loud, lots of trees falling and sparks from transformers blowing up. It then instantly went very quiet as the power went out in the whole town. The moment that happened, sudden silence, the storm stopped, no lights, the sky went noticeably green and he said the colour was not an illusion as a result of the lights going out. He saw red balls of light (not transformer sparks) flying about 20 feet over buildings, across, not up or down or on an angle, at lightning speed. He also heard HUGE explosions off in the distance, like a giant war drum, exactly like drums. He thought it was time for the galactic war or something lol. Then after a couple minutes the lights went back on, and people continued driving.

He was really shaken up and thought this was it. We live within a few miles of two nuclear plants which are both very close to Lake Ontario, which is having really high waves now, so maybe the loud bangs were the nuclear plants but I hope not.